• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

F&B and the mat

capel

Warren Veteran
When Bournville wasn't very well on Thursday I brought him indoors so that I could watch his behaviour. Of course Floss came too for company! Because of the difference in temperatures I decided they'd better stay out in the hall as it's cooler there, and I shut the door to the lounge(where they always go on summer nights). I brought in an old mat 5'x3' for them to sit on and put their stuff on and put Bournville down. He didn't move from there all day, and Floss only left it to go into the bathroom where I'd put their litter tray. Even though he'd perked up a bit yesterday he never moved off the mat except to use the tray and then this morning he went to investigate the tunnel, one end of which was on the mat and the other on the woodblock floor. He went scooting up the tunnel and then instead of coming out the other end he reversed all the way back! :? Floss watched him come out backwards and then did exactly the same. A light bulb went off in my head as that remaining brain cell fired into action and i turned the tunnel so that the end was on the lounge carpet. Bingo :D Both went shooting through the tunnel and had their normal 10 mins dashing around in the lounge. So now they are both absolutely chilled out in their very favourite place under the coffee table. I wonder if the high polish on the flooring(varnish, not elbow grease..life's just too short :D ) put them off. I think both will be staying indoors now..they are so much easier to look after as housebunnies..all I have to do is empty a litter tray every day! Just got to work on my O/H, though they can't go out yet anyway till the weather's a lot warmer now that they are used to the house temperature....what do you think?

I think it is probably the flooring. Asta doesn't have a problem with laminate (though she moves much slower on it than on te rug), but my friends lop confines himself to the dining area of a kitchen/diner to avoid tiles! We were sat up talking until 2am last time I was there, and Duncan doesn't get his tea til the house goes to bed ..... needless to say, he can venture onto tiles to pester for his tea!

Awww bless!!! Laminaphobia! :lol:

I have laminate throughout downstairs and when buns come to stay they often get a shock at first but i think because they have no choice but to wlak on it they get used to it after a couple of hours and by the next day most are scooting round like normal. One of my regulars likes to run and slide, he is mad! But then he is an adventure seeking lionhead! He literally runs as fast as he can then stops moving his legs and slides on his bum. Its def on purpose because he isn't the least surprised as to whats happening! :lol: Apparently at home he gets onto the dining table and flies off that :shock: I asked them to put a rug down for him for a little cushioning :?

I should have said it hadn't bothered them before! They were used to coming indoors every evening until the weather got colder, and I stopped as I felt the temprature difference wasn't good for them. Anyway, he's not so bad now and has shuffled along the length of it and back again(once!!). They've both settled back into their old favoured spot under the coffee table and are moving their position occassionally to keep in the sun's rays!!

Back