• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just got in from ..

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
.. Pets at home. Oh My Gosh :cry: Its quite a new one, and has been open only a few months. The rabbits water bottles were green, and there was about 3mm of water in them :cry: The buns were trying desperately to get water from the bottles:( Two or three of the buns were funny shaped :? .. very thin on top? They had no hay, and in the 5 minutes I was there, watched all but one or two of the buns sneeze :cry: There was one bun that kept climbing up for us to stroke her, I just wanted to pick her up and take her home, and look after her :( I never ever cry, and today I had to try so hard to hold back the tears! :cry: :cry: There were also rats fighting v.badly :cry: My Sister, bless her. Caused a massive fuss, and was really brave in telling the guy what the bunnies needed, and to get the rats off each other. He was a complete and utter *%@$ and all he didnt even look at her, just kept serving, going "I'll get jenny to look", its all he would say, so she stormed out and left the whole store looking like :shock: :shock: :shock: .. Thing is, What do I do now?!!! Its upset me SO much :cry: :cry: X

I would phone the store manager and send an email/letter to the head office asap.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :evil:

I will find the thread about who to contact, hang on!

I would write to the store manager and copy it to P@H Head-office.
I am not saying they will DO anything but at least you will have taken some action. Oh, and send a copy of the letter to the local Council Environmental Health Department. They are responsible for Licencing Pet Shops to sell animals.

Good luck Becki, but dont hold your breath on much being done... :roll:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Good luck Becki, but dont hold your breath on much being done... :roll:

Really? :cry: I just wanted to bring them all home, Made me feel a little guilty of the life Tills lives :? Thanks for the info guys, I'll most definately write to them now X

I complained about the green water bottles, but the manager told me that its actually a green coloured additive (probiotic?) that they add to the water. I had a closer look and they did all look the same - green "bits" rather than just a general green tinge so I think it was true :?

Write to the store manager about your other concerns and sned a copy to head office (also mention in the letter you are copying it to head office) Ask them for a reply including what steps will be taken to improve the situation.

oh no, i agree, send a message to management and head office! thats awful. i have to say the pets at home in york always seems to have healthy pets and well treated, if only they would seperate rabbits and guineas.

Annoying isn't it ? :twisted: :evil: ... My local had a white boy everytime I went in he was covered in wee & a poorly eye.. In the end after about 2 weeks he was moved out & I've never seen him since :(

Good luck Becki :D

I was at a garden center this afternoon with my mum and they had bunnies and GP in together, although they did have plenty of room and clean bedding and lots of hay and food. But we were looking at them and there was a lady there about to buy a bun and GP together, the girl who worked there didnt say anything but my mum jumped right in and said they could not live together. The lady was nice about it and said she didnt realise, then decided to get 2 GPs instead. But you should have seen the girl that worked there trying to catch the poor little things :shock: She was grabbing at them and getting really annoyed because she couldnt catch them. And she was swearing! Me, my mum and the lady had to hold a bunny each because they were getting in her way :roll: I couldnt believe how rough she was with the poor little things though, they must have been so frightened!

We made a complaint about it before we left but the guy just looked at us like we were nuts :roll: :(

The P@H i go to in my area is really goood, except for the piggies and rabbits together but they have a huge space to run in, there's never to many there. There all healthy and have filled bowls and bottles, and a big stack of hay. The worker me and my dad ask for help is always talking to the animals and everytime someone buys one she's always saying by to them. I must admit i've never had any mix sexed thankfully. :D

They have also been a few fundraising evens, like tickets sales and win items which go to recues etc. Me and my dad alwasy buy a few even if we don't win anything it still does something worth while.

Goodluck trying to get something done.

Back