• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bargain rabbit run to be had!!

I have exactly the same run from the same company. I won an auction for it, I think I paid 36 Pounds, so 40 Pounds is a pretty sensible price to offer. It was slightly broken when it arrived, but nothing that some DIY couldn't fix. The wood is quite soft and the bunnies have gnawed of quite a bit. The floor board at the end of the run (inside the shelter bit) has broken on one side, too. The rain softens the wood even more. And it does get bent.
So don't expect a very high quality wood. My bunnies never used the shelter, so I only have the floor board in the run, and not the dividing wall with the door.

that would be ideal for my guineas! it folds up, so i could put it away in the garage when i dont need it, they would be warm and dry and it would be perfect! im going to try and put in an offer. i do rather like the little houses aswell, bet the guineas would love that too!

They have a good selction of different sized runs so have a look through their shop. They do a run that is 6' x5' 2' which is a really good size.

I bought the same one for £80 including p+p, a bit of mine was broke to but my dad easily fixed it. He's also said to get some animal friendly varnish that helps strenghten the wood.

If you have a dry place to put it during the night, it is certainly good for 40 Pounds. Mine is outside all the time, so it will need painting more often.

The shop will be suprised about all the 40 Pound offers coming in now. :lol:

Bavarian Bunny said:
I have exactly the same run from the same company. I won an auction for it, I think I paid 36 Pounds, so 40 Pounds is a pretty sensible price to offer. It was slightly broken when it arrived, but nothing that some DIY couldn't fix. The wood is quite soft and the bunnies have gnawed of quite a bit. The floor board at the end of the run (inside the shelter bit) has broken on one side, too. The rain softens the wood even more. And it does get bent.
So don't expect a very high quality wood. My bunnies never used the shelter, so I only have the floor board in the run, and not the dividing wall with the door.

Pants to it already being broken! Did you complain or was it not covered in transit :?
Oh when did you get yours? I was going to build my own but materials would have cost £50 minimum so decided to get this. Its only for my guinea pigs and boarders so hopefully will last! They reckon its their new design so we shall see...hmm...! The main reason to get it was because of the folding ability, ive always had foldaway ones so I can put them away in wet weather, they soften so easy even when proofed!
I just put in a best offer bid for £40, I thought it would be rejected but they accepted! Ace :D

Hope you get the offer accepted Charlotte!

Bavarian Bunny said:
If you have a dry place to put it during the night, it is certainly good for 40 Pounds. Mine is outside all the time, so it will need painting more often.

The shop will be suprised about all the 40 Pound offers coming in now. :lol:

Yeah I thought that! At least they will get them sold, I should ask for commission :wink: :lol:

I have not painted it yet, have to look in the shops for a suitable paint. My garden furniture could use some painting, too.
Delivery was quite fast, as far as I remember. There are some small pieces of wood on the bits that fold in or out (hard to explain, sorry), and two of them had broken. I did tell them about it, but I decided to fix it myself. The thing is that you really have to tell the courier that something is broken, and you can only tell if it is broken when you unpack everything. And the courier drivers are always in a hurry, so I don't want to keep them waiting forever. Stupid, I know, but a lot of courier drivers are not the most patient and polite guys. And they throw around stuff and break it. My hutch was damaged at arrival, too.

The same bit was broken on mine, the fold wood part at the house part and the wood had split aswell as the hinge on the roof came out but it took my dad less the 5 minutes to fix it and where already planning on building an extension on it. I was told to use Alkyn varnish on it, suppposed to build it's strength and longer life.

catswhiskas said:
Yeah! Offer accepted. Gonna save it now for spring, Will do for the house buns and the guineas. Thanks again Leanne.

No worries! I just realised I said Charlotte instead of you :lol:
She hasnt bid :roll: Im going mad :lol:

Bavarian Bunny, I know what you mean about the couriers! and I know the bits of wood you mean, thats not bad then as like you say they are simple to re attach. I paid insurance just to be on the safe side if anything major happens and I think I will make the courier wait for a change! I could have actually collected as the shop isn't that far from me but I have so much on at uni that im not free to go anywhere for the next 2 weeks and I have a couple of guests that will need it next weekend! (I pulled my old 2 apart last week, I should have repaired and re painted but they are VERY old and I will reuse the wire as I need to make two wire double doors for my bunny shed!)

Kezza30 said:
The same bit was broken on mine, the fold wood part at the house part and the wood had split aswell as the hinge on the roof came out but it took my dad less the 5 minutes to fix it and where already planning on building an extension on it. I was told to use Alkyn varnish on it, suppposed to build it's strength and longer life.

Oh i will see if i can buy some of that then :)

Back