• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunsters are mad or

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
have snow shoe hare ancestry!!!

Ive had my suspicions all week that my buns have been sleeping in the exposed part of their bunny house as their 'bedroom' area look suntouched. So I emptied and put a fresh batch of straw in yesterday and this morning when I let them out I checked and found it still in a huge pile, not one foot had been set in there! They truly are crazy or just damn tough ray mears stylee buns!
Vinnie is already in full moult too!

Yep..mine seem to do that as well! Even Furby who is on her own in a hutch uses the cosy sleeping area as a litter box and sleeps right next to the mesh "window"!!! I don't worry too much about Floss and Bournville as they can snuggle togethr for warmth and the hutch is deeper as well. I just stuff as much hay and straw as possible in for Furby and then around 10pm I go out and put a snugglesafe pad in one corner. Fortunately she seems to go there at some point because the hay is flattened in the morning! Don't have a worry about it at the moment as she's indoors recovering from her spay, and F&B are in as Bournville was unwell on Thursday. Funny strory about these two coming up. I'l put in another thread though as don't want to go off topic.

Buu and Trip do the same. I fill the enclosed part with hay and they scatter it about all over the place and then just lays by the mesh. Scarlett will make a little hole in her bundle of hay and sleep in there though. And they all have a snugglesafe

Is it possible that the bedroom area is too small? A lot of bunnies like to lay out fully stretched when relaxed, something which many commercially available hutches don't take into account in their layout.

I don't know what your bunny accomodation is like, but it's worth thinking about :)

No they have had this house for 4 years! Its 5'l x 5'h x 2'w double storey and are freerange all day. You could fit four of them in their bedroom easily and snuggly :lol: They prefer to sleep on the 'landing' in the summer aswell even though its an awkward shape! They are only small buns though, around 2.5 kg. But winter they usually snuggle inside, although its known for them to stay out on milder nights and have been but this past week or so, they havent touched their bed! I think they just like the feeling of being free and sitting by the 'window' gives them that :lol:

My old 2 bunnies used to use there bedroom part as a toilet and sleep in the mesh part so in the end I put shavings in the bedroom part and put hay in the mesh part!! :D

Back