• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino is back at the vets :-( U/D op a success!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Domino is back at the vets because it was discovered during her post-op check that she has torn a bit of the muscle away from the stitching. :-( They are going to keep her in until Monday at the earliest and will have to operate on her to repair the muscle. They are worried that if it doesn't heal properly, her intestines could come through the wall and get twisted up, causing gut stasis.

My poor baby! I thought she was recovering so well and the wound seemed fine to me - I think it took expert eyes to spot that problem. :cry:

AMETHYST

Update: 28.01.07

Her op was done yesterday evening and she is recovering well - bright and perky - although not eating or pooping yet. Apparently one of the nurses was just off to the shops to pick up some fresh veg to tempt her, and they wanted to know what her faves were! :D They hope she can come home tomorrow, but we're not allowed to let her into her hutch (it's 2-storey) for a few days.

AMETHYST

Back