• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she has killed them

Flo

Alpha Buck
The young bunny girl that I had in, who gave birth, has eaten them all during the night.

I have had her in the spare room, and been checking on her a few times a day, fed her last night at 11pm before I went to bed, and the babies were fine..went in at 6.30am to feed her again..and they are all gone, and there is blood everywhere.

The only thing I can think of, is the stress on such a young bun. She was coping really well with them, we were giving her lots of food, the lady who runs my rescue was coming in and giving the babes extra....she was feeding them too..

I feel awful, I feel I have let them down.

awww no how awful :cry:

please dont feel bad .
you gave her a quiet warm safe place , food and water . there was nothing else you could have done . :(

please dont feel bad and dont blame the mummy either . its natures way ....as cruel as it seems .... :cry:

awww that's so traumatic for you, poor you as you have certainly done your best for mum rabbit - please don't blame yourself though - in all the threads on breeding I've seen, they all say it's a common occurence with young mums and first litters - it's nothing you've done wrong, just very sad to deal with :(

I just feel terrible, she had such a :censored: start in life, she came to me, and her babies are gone. :(

Oh no that's so sad. :cry: Please don't blame yourself though, you did everything right, sometimes bunny mums do this - it's how it is.

Thinking of you and the bunny mummy.

AMETHYST

she has killed them all

Try not to feel to bad :( my breeder friend tells me that first time mums often "eat" their babies :shock: It,s just something that happens :( she just was NOT ready to be a mum :( give her lots of love and be glad that you have given her a wonderful home :)

What a shock for you. And the poor bunny mum must be very confused. She was absolutely in the right place with you, though, and is lucky to have you to help her.

Back