• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they bonded?!?!?!

Kim_w

Mama Doe
As a lot of you will prob already know I got a girl bunny from a rescue home two and a half weeks ago and i have asked quite a few questions on here about bonding.

I did what the rescue home told me to do and did them gradually by putting them in the spare room every evening and building the time up. As they got better with each other I have been letting them out in my room which is where both their cages are. Before now he has jumped in her cage and she totally went for him - as if to say get out of my house. So from then on, he knew he was only allowed to sit and stare in.

But then last night, I went downstairs to get her tea - came back upstairs and he was sat in her house and she wasn't bothered. We decided to leave them and watch them for a bit and cause they were ok we decided to leave them whilst we were asleep because Im a light sleeper and I would wake up if there were any problems.

At the moment, she is digging her fluffy mat that she sleeps on and he is hopping around her and keeps sitting in her bed and litter tray. She nips him only occassionally but she doesnt seem bothered at all that he is in her house. There are two doors on the puppy crate in case he needs to make a sharp exit!!

Are they bonded now? - They haven't groomed each other yet...

Should I just leave them to it? - Even if we go out - we've been with them since 11 o'clock last night.

Im quite excited!! :D

I am not bonding expert as my doe seems to be very easy to bond to any buck (Biscuit and Twix bonded themselves :shock: )

I would say that if she is not bothered by him being in her house that they should be fine. When I bonded my 1st pair together I kept thinking that they weren't grooming, but Twix was not being really obvious about it and I kept missing it, lol!

sounds good to me :wink:
there comes a point when bonding when you have to trust them and leave them together ....as hard as it is .

sounds to me that they are now at this stage .

keep checking them though .

Im gong back upstairs in a min to have a shower then I am going out, I feel quite confident that they will be ok. Im really happy as it sort of happened by accident!!! x :D

Back