• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who do you find the best companions, Bucks or Does?

Do you prefere Bucks or Does?

• Bucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Despite having both over the years I am definitlely a Buck person. My love affair with bucks began with my second rabbit, Rowan, a gorgeous Black and Tan. I spent many hours playing with him as a child and a teenager and he was the first rabbit ever to be allowed into the house as he was so clean. I was devastated when we lost him at 5 years.

Since then many more bunnies have shared my life but I still prefere bucks. I have always found does to be flighty and nervous, difficult to handle and to exhibit a tendancy towards cage aggression. They also seem to be harder to litter train.

Aside from the easily remedied territory issues and the constant desire to mate the natural temperment of a buck holds much greater appeal to me.

I will admit that often when selecting fosters I am inclined, in a situation where a choice is availbale, to go for Bucks. Albeit a part of that is to do with the cost of spaying.

So what are your preferences and why?

Diego was my first boy, after 7 girls. Apart from Flo, all of the does have been very nippy, hard to bond with and nrvous. Whereas Diego and Chance have been so laid back, friendly and open to trying anything, the girls werent.

So I a buck person

I've only had bunnies for the past 4/5 months, one of each - but I have to say I prefer the female one "Stew" because she's so calm all the time, whereas my male "Hero" is very fiesty.

I was talking with my boyfriend about whether boy buns are calmer and behave better than girl buns as our 3 boys are so laid back and well behaved where the 2 girls are terrors!!

Well, I've only ever had one buck in all my rabbit keeping days and he was a real sweetie, but my most gorgeous friendly bunny was bonnie who went to the rainbow bridge last week (collecting her ashes today!!).

However, I have a recently got a female Frenchie called Fleur and she is very interactive and friendly. Jumps on my lap for a cuddle every evening whilst I'm on the sofa and is always pushing my hand for nose rubs, it's great, I love it!!

Perhaps it depends on the indivudal buns as I have had some not so friendly girl buns as well (they were nethies)?

I havent voted cos both of my bucks love me and boss me around but like Bambi my doe loves me and is a great companion but Bino and Orchid (does) arent really bothered by me :)

I haven`t voted because i can`t decide! :roll: :lol: :lol:
I find bucks more cuddly but i am partial to a nice fiesty doe, they`re just such characters!!!!!

Su.x

I'm in the middle as have cuddly buns of each sex and arresive buns of each sex, so I've not voted :D

I voted for the ladies because my two girls are sweet and cuddly. I had bucks when I was a child and they were nice but they chewed and sprayed a LOT !! I suppose it's not a good comparison really though because I didn't know so much about how to keep bunnies healthy and happy then. Glad I do now, wouldn't swap my little girls for the world!

I have to say bucks as my doe is as skittish as anything and not too bothered about us hoomans. The boys on the other hand have had real characters and have lovely personalities.

Hard to say, I've only ever had my does however after bunny sitting a buck I found him to be much more cuddly than my two. That being said I wouldn't say I prefer bucks, does in my experience and a lot more playful, cheeky and little neat freaks! :wink: I call Ruby my 'love-bug' because she will literally wind me jumping onto me when I am in their run with them. :lol: Millie is my 'little bun with a big attitude', she makes me laugh so much!. :wink: Got to love does! :love:

Trip is defo more laid back than my girls and is always wanting to be cuddled, he is a real sweetheart :D Both the girls like a cuddle now and again but they are more playful than Trip. I cant decide! I love it when Trip snuggles up on me but I also love that my girls are a bit feisty and would rather play :lol:

I had three does as a child, I got Rupert my first buck 3 years ago and a rescue doe 2 weeks ago.
Rupert is so different than the three does I had as a child, he has never bitten me or showed any aggression whatsoever. He runs up to me whenever I go in my room and even likes to get in bed. My new rescue doe Bailey is also a little sweetie she is very friendly but loves her food more than me!! I think he is maybe so friendly because I have always kept him in the house and my other three girlies lived outside.
I like all male pets best, I had a male horse and he was a big softie not like some of the moody women that were on the yard. My dog is also a male. I think its the same with animals as it is with us!! Us females have moodswings, so do our pets!! x

Back