• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby and Bournville UPDATE

capel

Warren Veteran
Furby is pooing, weeing, and eating a bit. She's had some dandelion leaves. strawberry leaves, a piece of broccolli(floret) and is now nibbling on some herbal hay, not a massive amount by her normal standards, but it's early days yet. She's not moving much really, apart from changing positions occassionally in the LITTER TRAY(!), and when I move her on to the vet bed she works her way back onto the tray!! When I went in this morning I lifted her onto the vet bed and realised the litter tray was pretty wet, so I'll be moving her off again soon to change the newspaper..she obviously likes lying on shredded newspaper!! Is there anything else I should be doing... Should I be encouraging her to move around a bit. At the moment I've got her water bowl and the hay right nex
t to the litter tray so all she has to do his stretch her neck a bit!!
Bournville has perked up from yesterday, though still not quite his normal self. He has used the litter tray and is eating normally. He and Floss survived the night in the bathroom and are now in the hall. It is lovely having them indoors...long may this continue!!!!

If she's decided that the litter tray is the place to be, then you could try putting the vet bed in the litter tray - then the wetness will drain through, keeping her dry?

She should start hopping about in a while anyway.

:shock: OMG that's so obvious!!! :shock: Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks so much. Obviously my remaining brain cell has been compromised by the stress! Off to do the switch now.
Hilda

Hope she likes it!! You cna still put the absorbant litter underneath too to keep it nice and clean.

Just wish I had some ideas of my own to get Maddie to use her tray more often - maybe need to get her some vet bed too!! :lol:

Back