• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm allowed to get a friend for Ben!

Bunnymonster

Warren Scout
Hi,

I'm new round here, but I just needed to share my fantastic news with some likeminded bunny people (people at work think I'm mad!). :D :D :D

My O/H was watching Ben, my 4 month old Dutch boy, last night and out of the blue suggested getting him a friend!!! No hints dropped, no begging from me, just came out with it!!

I've been browsing local rescues and found a pretty little girl, but the thing is Ben hadn't 'matured' yet. I was aiming to have him de-plummed as soon as they appear, but that may not be for a few months. If I get his little friend and keep them in seperate hutches for now, do you think it will encourage his hormones to kick in or will it just drive him made with lust?

He should be ready for neutering in another 4 weeks. You could get the female now and keep them apart. I had to keep mine in separate rooms before they were neutered and spayed otherwise they would go mad bitting the bars of their cages trying to get to each other.

Hiya, welcome to RU :D

As Ben's so close to being the right age for neutering if it were me I'd hang on until he's done then look for a friend for him..... which I'd definitely recommend as I have two bunnies in love and it's lovely to see :love:

I would wait too. My males were ready just over 4 months. Give him a few weeks to get over the op and then look for a girlfriend for him.

Good luck!

Tracey x

That's great news!

All my males have been neutered at 16 weeks (four months) some bunnies are late developers though but his bits should appear in the next few weeks. They are fairly obvious once they do ;)

Buns are fertile for a couple of weeks post-op so unless your potential new bun is already spayed you might have to be patient a little longer. Have fun looking though. I suggest touring rescues and cuddling all the bunnies :lol:

Back