• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TWO Poorly Bunnies-U/D + Odd Warning On Teething Gel....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry:

This morning I found Lara obviously unwell-she has bloat AGAIN.. :cry:
She is on treatment but at the moment she is not at all well :cry:

Next Muirne. She is behaving very oddly. Hyperactive and not eating. On examination I have found she has an infection in her mouth (she has advanced Dental Disease) She is now on treatment for the infection and will be going to the Vet (Its Christobel's day off-TYPICAL!!) this morning as she may also need another Dental. Although I was able to put a finger all around her mouth and feel what remains of her molars and could not feel any spurs. She may have another molar thats about to fall out though.

Please send some vibes for Lara and Muirne

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Thanks everyone

Just got back from the Vets with Muirne. She does have one small spur on one of the few molars she has left. But thats not the problem. Some food had got stuck behind a dead molar stump setting off soft tissue infection. So I am to continue with the abx and pain relief and she will have a Dental on Monday when Christobel is back.

I was looking at baby teething gel to see if its suitable to use for her. On the Dentinox one it says 'For EXTERNAL Use Only'........ :?: :?:

Lara is still a very poorly Bunny :cry: I am so worried about her :cry: :cry:

Janex

Jane have you looked at anbesol?? it's another teething aid, conatins tiny amounts of local aneasthetic. Suitable for baby so it could be suitable for buns too.

Sending mores vibes for Lara xx

Phill said:
Jane have you looked at anbesol?? it's another teething aid, conatins tiny amounts of local aneasthetic. Suitable for baby so it could be suitable for buns too.

What I found odd was the warning that a TEETHING gel was for EXTERNAL use only :? How else are you going to put the gel onto the gums without putting it INTO the mouth :shock: :? :?

:lol:

Janex

It's just like putting a warning on baby medicine not to drive or operate heavy machinery :lol:

Anyway, I hope that your buns are feeling better soon. How dare the vet have a day off?!

Cookie&Twix said:
It's just like putting a warning on baby medicine not to drive or operate heavy machinery :lol:

Anyway, I hope that your buns are feeling better soon. How dare the vet have a day off?!

The Meds one of my Buns had was dispensed by a hooman Pharmacy. The meds had a label on which stated 'Avoid Alcoholic Drink'.... :lol: :lol:
No carrot wine for that bunster!! :lol:

Well thank goodness the two pooly Buns have started to eat :D
Lara MUST go on a diet as I know her weight is an 'issue' but she lives with Old Bill who is a skinny Bun that needs (and LOVES) his grub. Seperate feeding from now on methinks....

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Phill said:

What I found odd was the warning that a TEETHING gel was for EXTERNAL use only :? How else are you going to put the gel onto the gums without putting it INTO the mouth :shock: :? :?

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I read Phill's message quick and though it said ANUSOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've just nearly wet myself laughing.

Getting back to the original....it does seems a strange warning to put on teething gel..............hey maybe it's for dentures :? :? you know external :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OK, I'll go back into my hole!!

Anebasol is a great gel. I used it when I had a gum infection from my wisdom teeth. only thing is it needs to be applied quite frequently.

snowy said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Phill said:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I read Phill's message quick and though it said ANUSOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've just nearly wet myself laughing.

Getting back to the original....it does seems a strange warning to put on teething gel..............hey maybe it's for dentures :? :? you know external :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OK, I'll go back into my hole!!

Oh dear that has made me chuckle :lol: :lol:

Janex

We hope both bunnies have perked up Jane, your having a bit of a rough time at the moment :( sending vibes & nose rubs too both xx Get well soon x

cannonwoman said:
How are Muirne & Lara doing now? I hope they`re more comfortable.

Sending positive vibes.
Su.x

Thanks Su, Lara is much better :D She is DEFINATELY on a strict diet now and will have to be seperated from Old Bill at feed time. That should be 'interesting'..... :?

Muirne's mouth is still sore but she is eating a little.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
cannonwoman said:
How are Muirne & Lara doing now? I hope they`re more comfortable.

Sending positive vibes.
Su.x

Thanks Su, Lara is much better :D She is DEFINATELY on a strict diet now and will have to be seperated from Old Bill at feed time. That should be 'interesting'..... :?

Muirne's mouth is still sore but she is eating a little.

Janex

Glad Lara is feeling better & that Muirne is managing to eat something.
I`ve recently had to seperate Angel & digby at feeding times as i noticed Digby was losing weight. I initially up their feed but all that happened was Digby got even slimmer & Angel got fatter!!! :roll: So now i seperate them so i can see exactly who gets what. Think Digby actually enjoys the peace & quiet away from Mrs.Bossyboots!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

POOR BUNNIES .

I READ THIS AND THOUGHT ...AWW NO HERE POOR JANE GOES AGAIN .....DO YOU EVER FEEL THE ROUND OF POORLY BUN , VETS , NURSING , GETTING BETTER (OR NOT :cry: ) NEVER ENDS ....I DO WE RE AT IT AGAIN TOO :( CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY POORLY BUNS ARE AROUND :?

Back