• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does a de-plummed boy look liked....

Bonniebunny

Warren Scout
just asking for my friend who rescued a rabbit at the weekend. She was told he was 15 weeks old and just neutered and the stitches were dissolvable. She just said she looked and she thinks she can still see plums, although it looks like stitches had been there.

So, should a de-plummed boy look smooth down there, could this still be some swellings or is he likely to be un-neutered?

Apparently, no sign of frisky behaviour towards female bun?? Any advice.

Thanks
xx

Good question! I have no idea, which is probably not something I should admit having previously had a neutered buck :? My defense is that he hated being picked up, so I didn't. Biscuit on the other hand doesn't mind being picked up and I will probably be wanting to check him soon.

My bunny looks like a girl now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When he was first done his "bits" looked like two deflated balloons :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but he doesnt like being picked up so not seen whether they have gone completely now :lol: :lol:

When my simba was neutered i couldnt see the scar much at all! Basically where his plums were there is now just flat pink areas of skin with no fur on it.

As I understand it when they are first neutered the plums are still quite obvious with incision scars across them (if thats how the op was done- Rowan was neutered through the tum). Im time (few months) the plums shrivel up.

Deflated balloons is a good way to describe them. They will shrink over a few weeks and eventually dissappear.

Ahhh........ I had a look myself today. Yes they are like deflated balloons at the moment, so hopefully this is all normal. I must admit having had only girl bunnies for years and years, I wasn't sure myself what to look for!! You have set her mind at rest.

Thank you very much!!

well my 2 deplummed boys look like this

180706029.jpg

and

180706019.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back