• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best marriage

Flo

Alpha Buck
Been trying to figure out how to pair up my lot. I havent got enough room for a shed :( so have to have two decent sized hutches and have the garden bunny proofed.

Im trying to work out what would be best. I have Jasper and Holly (boy and girl) who are 14 weeks, Jasper is being neutered next week. Then I have Chance and Flo, who are about a year, Chance is neutered. Would it be better to put the older two together and then the younger paired, or one older and one younger (girl/boy)

does that make any sense to anyone???

Hmm me not much of an expert but i'd try both our for a day or too or a week or something.Watch carefully and see what works best.Fighting then split em up! :shock: 8) :D

Good luck!

Amy
xxxx

sillyrabbit said:
I think I would put the two older ones together and the two younger ones together :D

I would do the same - keep the similar aged buns together :thumb:

Although - do any of the unpaired buns share particular character traits / temperament? If you have two very shy, quiet buns (for example) and two bolder ones, maybe it would be worth trying to match them by temperament? Hmm, dunno know :? Any bonding experts out there?? (Sorry Flo, I'm afraid I've just added another question to your query now!) :lol:

I tend to work in colour groups and family groups

We have a lot of brothers and sisters so I like to pair up brother and sister, mother and daughter etc.... think you get the picture

I also work with names, we've got a a Lucky/Hazel, had a Poppy/Smokey/Magic, had a Silver/Spookie/Minstrel, Blue/Stripes/Harley

I'm just weird though :roll:

I was going to have one big group, but the new house doesnt have enough room for a shed, and for my fosters. So it is going to have to be hutches, and into twos.

Flo is quite sensible as is Jasper, Chance being a lop, is a bit of a lazy bones, but neither of the babies are. Flo is a sable Dutch and Chance is a Harlequinn lop, so they would look pretty together, and he has always had a crush on her too!

Back