• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

back from the MOT

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
teegra 2.06kg quite a fast heart rate 220 we think although quite heard to determine as he was wriggling, everything fine except i nearly had a heart attack when he decided he wanted to be a mumm'y boy and jump on my shoulder! :shock: in the end he had to seetle with having his head inside my coat :love:
duchess was done too (which was nice as she wasnt actually booked in) i think she was 2.2kg and her heart rate was approx 160ish (again she was wrigling :roll: ) everything else was fine and the nurse said they were both lovely and healthy and obviously very spoilt (when she asked about their housing :oops: )
we also got some panacur (sp? ) which was £5.85 (did someone say they got their free?) well anyway i was quite lucky as the tube has a full course for both rabbits in it so i dont really mind paying :D

we had a little chat about bunnies and she was very happy with their diet

it was quite funny because teegra was really scared to start with and kept climbing up me whenever she looked at his mouth nose etc but as soon as she had to check his skin and fur and so was rubbing his back he went and sat next to her for cuddles :lol:

well erm thats about it :D

hope everyone elses bunnies had good MOT's too :D

Good t here you bunnies got good mots. My Buttons had a good one to, everything healthy and good teeth and nails despite him being a stray. I also got panacur for him, mine cost £6.18 but i don't mind spending money to keep him healthy. :D

luvabun said:
Ingteresting that 2 Vets gave out Panacur... did they say why?

Glad the buns passed their MOT's :D

Mine only got panacur because he was a stray so was unlikely to have been wormed before. It's such a little price for a sweet rabbit. I'll have to show you all a pic to show you just how lovely he is :D

i was recommended pancur as a protection against woms and the E.cunuculi parasite. for the tiny amount it would cost a year to keep them protected i think it is better to be safe than sorry :D (about £6 2-4 times a yeas to protect them both)

Very interesting to see that Vets are now considering routine worming of bunnies :D Prevention is definitely better than a cure so good on them :D I had never heard of worming for buns before mine went on hols to Auntie Adeles and she cured Brody's sticky butt problem

I never heard of worming rabbits before, only got told today at MOT but i agree £6 is nothing every 3 months for protection against a loved bun :)

I found the Panacur rabbit on a website the other day for just over £4, I will see if I can find it again as obviously thats much cheaper than the vets :D

I would have thought you could only get that from vets but oh well, it's cheaper than mine. Would anyone recommend if i should worm mine every 3 months of 6 months :?

:shock: they made you pay for it!!/

no way!!
i nearly did as the re c eptionist and anothernurse didnt have any clue..the nurse who did the poster for the mots and national rabbit week yelled out..no scratch it..take it off..its free..they are using it as a promotion for folks to buy it regulralry..i mean the whole thing was done with the feeds folks and panacur so hence the free bunny food samples and the free panacur..
if i were you id ring the vets back up and say um sint it supposed to be free..panacur said the vets claim the money back off them!!

yup bertie was fast and breathing manic but he had just be laughed at by folks in the waiting room cos he had to be weighed on the doggy scales! :lol: i love my big white mosnter..my were rabbit! He shouldnt have been laughed at..he should have been marvelled at! :D

my two went for their MOT tonight and didnt get the treatment everyone elses did! the vet didnt even seem happy to be checking them over for free, didnt ask any questions at all, and as soon as they showed the slightest sign of wriggling, she said right that'll do, put them back in their baskets - no claw checks, no weighing. I didnt get given any free samples and wasent advised on any products or anything. I'm quite mad now. maybe i should be changing vets :?

I think you shoud probably consider a new vet, she didn't sound like she was checking them over properly and how do you know your rabbits are getting the best vet checks :? Mine was so helpful gave me a price list for neutering and vaccs, told me about proper diet for him. She did need to chase him about because as soon as she tried to check his teeth he legged it back in his carrier :lol:

Millie had her "Happy Hopper" check on Wednesday - given a clean bill of health, free food samples and leaflets on rabbit care, free panacur and Myxi vac for £10 instead of £15. No complaints with my vet!!
Jane

Sweep got free panacur too and the food samples I think the nurse knew a bit about buns my o/h took him not me. But she did suggest that nutering didn't do much for behavioural probs I always thought it was great for fixing some behavioural probs, not that sweep has any thou he does need neutering else he can't have a girl friend!! :D

Polly and Sybil had their MOT on Friday at a different vet than they have been to before. There were 2 nearby on the list, but only one had a slot I could get to after work. They seemed to be given a good check over and was told they are in good health. Only weighed Sybil as did that at the end and Polly had gone back in the carrier. Got some free Panacur for both of them and some leaflets. They were impressed the rescue I had got them from always neutered and asked which rescue... they are from Honeybunnies :D Seemed a nice vets and they had an animal hospital type bit and animal ambulance. Suggested handling Sybil more often as she is more nervous than Polly so she gets more used to it!

Back