• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby and Bournville up date and piccies

capel

Warren Veteran
Just phoned the vet as I forgot to ask them to clip her nails while she's there. She's come through the op, seems fine and is awake. I've to phone again after 2. MEANWHILE..there's always something..... Bournville doesn't seem himself somehow. Nothing I can put my finger on,he's eating and drinking, but seems very quiet. I wondered if it is the cold, so I've brought them both indoors and put them in the hall where it's cool. Usually when he comes indoors he and Floss have a mad 10 mins or so and then settle down for a snuggle, but today he seemed very unsure and was just sitting hunched on the mat. I put some broccolli down for him, which he wolfed down. I don't know, he doesn't seem to be as"sparkly" as usual. I thought I'd give him another hour and then take him to see Kev when I go to collect Furby. Am I being daft?? He has groomed himself and gave Floss a half-hearted nuzzle. I've taken some photos of them, to take my mind of things a bit and will post them in the photo section in a minute. Just going down to check on him again.

I doubt you're being daft - you know your bunny best and if you're not sure and you're going to the vets anyway I'd pop him along - at least they can put your mind at rest if he's just having one of "those" days.x

Great glad Furby has come out of the operation okay...
Bournville is maybe sensing you are on edge with Furby having her op..
I know Bertie was acting very odd when Molly passed away last week, he seems fine again now though..
Will go & look at the pics now..

Good news about Furby - I would just take him along when you pick up Furby for a once over - will put your mind at rest at least :wink:

I've just gone to check him and watched him eat some hay and then have a bit of a feast on his caecotrophs!!! So that's a good sign isn't it? He's also not hunched now but lying on his side, which he usually does when he's chilling out indoors. Perhaps I'm just being super-sensitive because of Furby!!

Is he moulting or starting to moult? Mine get a bit grumpy and depressed when they shed.

I've phoned the vet and will be taking Bournville for a check up at 5.20 when I collect Furby. He is eating a bit but hasn't used the litter tray all afternoon and I realise that the hutch trays aren't as full as usual.

capel said:
I've phoned the vet and will be taking Bournville for a check up at 5.20 when I collect Furby. He is eating a bit but hasn't used the litter tray all afternoon and I realise that the hutch trays aren't as full as usual.

Hope he gets on OK. Please keep us posted. Blimey, you have had a stressful day what with worrying about Furby too :shock:

Janex

It a great dieting aid!! I just can't eat..walking around with a huge lump in my throat, and my stomach's churning :( ...pathetic eh?

capel said:
It a great dieting aid!! I just can't eat..walking around with a huge lump in my throat, and my stomach's churning :( ...pathetic eh?

Not at all. I only stopped feeling sick when I was able to cuddle Sir Victor after his op'

Janex

Furby seems not too bad, though she is insisting on sleeping in th elitter tray and not the lovely cosy vetbed covered bunny bed!! However she has eaten some veg and some hay though doesn't seem interested in water. How long should I leave her before taking action??? There's a fair amount of normal(though slightly smaller than usual) dropping lying around as well as some in the litter tray. I think I'll leave her completely undisturbed till the morning now. Bournville's tummy seemed fine,as were all the other vitals, though his bladder seemed rather full. She agreed with me that he seemed "low". She has given him a gut jab and an antibiotic and given me some probiotic to put in the water. If he doesn't seem perkier tomorrow I've to take him straight up. He and Floss have taken up residence in the downstairs bathrom for the foreseeable future, and both have been tucking into herby hay and strawberry leaves. I'll go out and get him some bramble(blackberry) leaves tomorrow morning. I've taken a photo of Furby's scar and also of her temporary living accommodation so will add these now.
IMG_2942.jpg

[/img]
IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg
[/img]

Awwwww you have a Bunny ER situation!!

If Bournville had a very full bladder I wonder if he has a touch of cystitis? :? ie he did not want to wee cos it stings :?
The abx will help but if he is still not right tomorrow I would try to get a wee sample for your Vet to test.

I am sure Furby will feel brighter tomorrow and as she has eaten and poo'd a bit I dont think you need to worry. Water from a bowl is often prefered by post GA Bunnies. But dont worry too much about her drinking as she is eating some Veg which will give her some fluid intake.

Janex

I'm glad shes home, it's good thats she eating & pooing thats what Molly wasn't doing from when she got home..
Bournville & Floss will be happy indoors tonight, Is it there 1st time ?
Did the blond lady vet see you today ? Did you notice the scratches all down her arms from Fudge?

Re the full bladder. Bournville, bless his little cotton socks, tends to cross his legs when he's indoors, so that may have been part of the reason. However she didn't want to take any chances so he's had an antibiotic jab in case it's a bladder infection. She's also given me probiotics for the water. I put a bowl of water down for Furby and she practicall dived in head first!! So now she's had some hay, some carrot, a bit of celery and some water. there's also a liberal sprinkling of poo around so fingers crossed......

karen354 said:
I'm glad shes home, it's good thats she eating & pooing thats what Molly wasn't doing from when she got home..
Bournville & Floss will be happy indoors tonight, Is it there 1st time ?
Did the blond lady vet see you today ? Did you notice the scratches all down her arms from Fudge?

Yes, that was Emily I think! She was very thorough and lovely with my poorly bun.

Back