• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 Castor Rexes FREE -U/D 27th Jan PLEASE READ

I can foster them and pass them onto a rescue when they have space. Would need help with transport though.

Louise

I emailed the seller offering to take all three on (with view to fostering and rehoming) but no reply by email or phone. :(

AMETHYST

Oh dear the advert seems to have changed? Has it? Or is it just me? The seller is unhappy. Goodness grief

Fiona x

Fionabun said:
Oh dear the advert seems to have changed? Has it? Or is it just me? The seller is unhappy. Goodness grief

Fiona x

Yes, its because someone is now informing Free Ad sellers that their Rabbits are being 'talked about' on RU, be they advertising a pet or breeding stock.......

Sometimes I wonder if we are all singing from the same Hymn Sheet...... :?

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Fionabun said:

Fiona x

Yes, its because someone is now informing Free Ad sellers that their Rabbits are being 'talked about' on RU, be they advertising a pet or breeding stock.......

Sometimes I wonder if we are all singing from the same Hymn Sheet...... :?

Janex

I don't think we are Jane, and that's the problem. It's a public forum and as you know very well :roll: we need to be careful how we phrase stuff......

gosh, just read the 'new' ad, what does the seller think RR's about other than rehoming to a good home :? Not sure what they mean about being tricked into giving rabbits up to rehome on..... erm that's called a rescue. At least the seller's said all new homes will be checked.

You would of thought that a Forum like this would be full of like minded people who would have rabbit welfare at heart. Its very disappointing. :(

O.K, so i`m not always good with words. :oops:
I have deleted my original posting as my bad wording has unintentionally upset a good friend.
Sorry to anyone else i may have offended.

Su.x

I certainly did NOT post this thread to encourage people to send offensive emails to the seller. It would appear that of late I cant do right for doing wrong.......

Janex

no Jane you are doing everything you can to do the best for the bunnies in this world, thats a good thing, this seller may just have felt threatened rather than understanding our concern and attempt to help. now they are vetting homes thoroughly, which is a great thing, and now they are more likely to go to a great home, so good has come of it.

I think what inevitably happens is that some people are genuinely trying to rehome much-loved pets and haven't heard of rescues. Then when we try to take the bunnies from them, they feel threatened. The person with the rexes felt as if we were saying that they were a bad home - we're not worried about where they're coming from, but rather where they could be going to. :cry:

Trouble is, naturally as a result of some horrendous freeads cases we have seen in the past, we have to treat each case as such - we never have any idea what we're dealing with.

AMETHYST

:shock: Am shocked someone is telling people what is said on the forum :roll: It seems we're not all interested in rabbit welfare :? :x

Back