• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grace needs all the vibes she can get - She's alright

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Grace is at the vets today having scans and various tests and possibly an op. Since will died she has lost an enormous amount of weight but is still eating pooing and drinking normally. She has become a little grumpy which is very unlike Grace as she is extremely friendly. Hazel is worried that Grace may have develop some form of Cancer as she has a lump in her dewlap which feels very gravelly and not like a fat lump. Grace is 5/6 and isn't spayed so the threat of UC is a big one. I am shaking and feel very very sick at the thought of there being something very wrong XX

UPDATE!!!!

Hazel has just rang, she has done the scna and there is something in Graces abdomen. Hazel is unsure wether it is in her Uterus or her Intestines, to be on the safe side Hazel is going to open her up, she suspect from the scan pictures a Myometra like Iris had. I really hops she makes it through this and it doesn't turn out to be Cancer XX :(

Vibes & hugs for Grace..... Get through this little one..
Hoping for some positive news on this little girl..
karen x x

(((((((((Grace)))))))))))))

Ouch :cry: fingers and paws crossed here for Grace. Keep us posted Phill, I guess you will be a bag of nerves today.

Thanks Karen, Thanks Jill, Yep i am shaking and i feel sick, and worst is i've had to come in to work!!

Phill said:
Thanks Karen, Thanks Jill, Yep i am shaking and i feel sick, and worst is i've had to come in to work!!
In a way that's a good thing... a diversion if you can keep your mind off it (although I doubt it somehow). What time have you got to phone the Vets? Whenever I've been given a time, I phone on the dot :roll:

Will be thinking of you

luvabun said:
Phill said:
In a way that's a good thing... a diversion if you can keep your mind off it (although I doubt it somehow). What time have you got to phone the Vets? Whenever I've been given a time, I phone on the dot :roll:

Will be thinking of you

Hazel is going to phone me when she's finished, or during depending on what she finds :(

Sending buckets loads of positive vibes Grace`s way & big supportive hugs to you Phill............................

Fingers crossed,
Su.x

Ok Grace is on the table and Hazel has found nothing, She is going to spay her for me anyway as she is there but the mystery weight loss now continues!!

Only just caught up with this Phill.
OMG you are having a tough time with your Buns at the moment :(
I hope poor Grace makes a speedy recovery from her GA.
Is Hazel running a full blood profile on her (Kidneys/EC Titres etc)?

Sending lots of vibes for Grace

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Not yet i will ask her to take some bloods when she rings me later, i wouldn't of thought it could be her kidneys though as her drinking is normal????

Phill said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Not yet i will ask her to take some bloods when she rings me later, i wouldn't of thought it could be her kidneys though as her drinking is normal????

Has she ever had Snuffles or been in contact with a Bun that has?
Sometimes the first sign of an active Pasteurella infection is significant weightloss...... :? There need not be any other signs.

Janex

So glad to hear that Hazel's ruled out the most sinister cause. Fingers crossed that things improve for Grace

Thanks Guys

Jane no she hasn't come near a snuffle bun.

Hazel has just rang to say all is well and there just waiting for Grace to come round. What hazel was seeing on the scan was Grace's ceacum full of food and fluid but nothing obviously causing this weight loss. Grace is to be kept in the house and on her own for 4 weeks minimum and i've to see how she gets on, obviously feeding her porrage oats ect to try and get some weight back on her.

Now how am i going tp perswade Ali to let Grace live in the living room or our bedroom??? These are the warmest parts of our house being the only two rooms with heating and i don't want grace in any of the colder portions of the house hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just had another chat with Hazel, all Grace's internal Organs are perfectly normal, Hazel had a good check of everything, she's going to take some bloods and test for kindney function and e.c but she doubts that it's either of these, she thinks Graces is seriously depressed after loosing william two weeks ago. But only time will tell!

Phew! Glad Grace is OK.
BTW I have struggled with oats but have found sunflower seeds great for putting weight on a bun.... I give them enough that would fit on a 50p piece

Back