• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clive's A Hit!

miffy w

New Kit
BRILLIANT!

Recently posted a topic about my bunny bonding troubles where the RSPCA accidentally gave me a girl bunny for my female house rabbit (Flopsy). Long story short, bunnies got into a fight and had to be returned.

I've always wanted Flopsy to have a boyfriend but after this incident I was really scared of introducing her to another rabbit.

Then...HUNNYBUNNIES to the rescue! And now we have CLIVE!!!!! They met by street lamp - he was the dark, handsome stranger... somewhat nonchalant. She was nervous and skittish. But under the watchful the watchful eye of HB we knew it as a match made in heaven.

After drive home in the car and a run around the living room together - things seem to be going swimmingly! They've been hopping around the kitchen together for the last two hours (this morn) In fact flopsy LOVES Clive - she keeps going over and bowing her head for a bit of attention/lick. Unfortunately he is too consumed with curiosity to oblige. I'm hoping he'll see the light soon.

Anyway - I just had to post this message because I feel like a new mum and its great that their friendship seems to be going smoothly. Flopsy says THANKS to hunnybunnies for giving her such a fab boyfriend :p

That's great news Miffy - I sent you a message on the critter chat forums... i am so glad to hear that you have got sorted now after your traumatic time. :D

Hi Amy
Was nice to meet you last night and so glad Clive has settled well and the bonding is going smoothly! :D
Now of course I, and a lot of other people on here, would like piccies! :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone - pictures will follow - I'm just waiting for them to sit still and pose!

PS Jill sorry I spelt Hunny Bunny's wrong before :wink:

miffy w said:
Thanks everyone - pictures will follow - I'm just waiting for them to sit still and pose!

PS Jill sorry I spelt Hunny Bunny's wrong before :wink:

and you have again! :lol: :lol: Honeybunnys.....or Honeybunnies ..."o" not u in honey!!!! :lol:
but will let you off!! :shock: :D

Ok,

I have pics but not sure how to get them onto this forum. Need to work it out.

Clive is settling in well. I haven't had to lock him away in his cage since the first day - so the door is permanently open and he can come and go as he chooses. Flopsy hasn't been bothered by his presence in her territory and often gets in the cage with Clive to share his hay! AWWWW

I've had no trouble with the house training as Clive seems to be using his cage and/or flopsy's litter tray. WOW.... can everything really run THIS smoothly!

I witnessed their first grooming session and it brought a smile to my face!!! - oooh need to show you pics....

My only concern is that Clive is EXTREMELY 'frisky'. Flops keeps asking for some gentle nuzzling but he's MAD FOR IT! :shock: and she obviously seems a bit harassed at times.

Will this calm down? Jill?

Hi Amy, Clive's behaviour should settle. Some of it will be dominance as he has gone into a new area with a female that did show herself to be bossy when they first met!
He is probably just making sure she knows he is in charge.
Looking forward to pics! :D

The friskiness does settle down, MJ chased Pippa a lot when first bonded but now you don't see it, they're just always cuddled up together :love:

Hi there,

I'm a bit useless with the pics and rather than open up a new account with photobox I just thought I'd direct you to a picture on my blog.

There's only one of clive and Flopsy but there is a short video (not very good quality) of Clive going nuts while flopsy chills out.

visit http://bighairmetamorphosis.blogspot.com

Hi. I've just returned from your Blog. Loved it! Mind you, I was mightily relieved when I realised that the tail had been an accidental removal!!! I originally thought you'd had it removed from a much loved,but deceased bunny and wanted to keep it as a momento..I almost didn't read any further..but very glad I did!!The video was wonderful, but just how far will the wee soul have to go before she acknowledges him??

just watched it..aww :D He looks so happy..love the binky at the end. And she really is playing hard to get isn't she!! :lol:

HA HA it made me laugh when you thought I'd had the tail removed for safe keeping... what a wierd thing to do!

yeah flops is not impressed by Clive's antics. I want her to get up and chase him about - HAVE FUN FLOPS! :lol:

Aw!! :love: :lol: He really is happy with her, isn't he?! The size of that leaping binky!! :shock: Flopsy is probably exhausted just watching him! :lol:

AMETHYST

Have just watched the video - brilliant. Clive had been staying with me since just before Christmas, its lovely to see him so happy in his new home.

Ange

clive

WOW what a bun!!! Do Flopsy's ears go up because she put them there, or was it the updraft of the Flying Clive!!!

:D :D :D

Back