• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle poorly? or am i being paranoid.

Dobbin

Mama Doe
I am sure many of you know what it is like you open the shed door and two bunnies run over to meet you. Well when i went and opened it just down just one bunny ran over to see me - i could not see Twinkle anywhere. I cannot explainhow i felt i was so so scared, i looked everywhere for her under the hutch, in the tunnel, in litter tray, around toys. I diddt want to open the bedroom door because i was so so worried about what i would find.

I did and there she was right in the corner - i gave her some pellets which she refused. I picked her up and cuddled her she eventually ate 4 pellets. I then put her down she went and sat in the litter tray for 15 minutes and did a arge pile of poo's - i dont know she just does not seem herself.

Am i being stupid?

Sue
xx

No you're not being stupid, you know your buns..... MJ seemed a bit off the other week and I just kept an eye on him and luckily he was fine after a couple of days. Why don't you try her with her favourite foods?

If you're worried though, ring the vets for advice maybe? Could she be catching the snuffles off Dobbin?

Hope she's ok

I think its important to listen to your instincts . . but it is easy to worry too much!
I would keep a close eye on her and see how she is. Was she cold?

Well I'm certainly no expert on rabbit health but I would say if she was colder than normal then it could possibly indicate another problem. Hmmm, I'm not sure what else to say really except just to keep checking on her and to take her to the vets if you're worried.
Maybe someone else can help more?

If she feels abnormally cold and is not eating then I would advise you contact your Vet for advice. Its good that she has poo'd but if she feels cold to the touch and is not eating and hiding away that is indicative of a problem.
Could something have frightened her? Any chance of Foxes being about? I saw one walking down my road in braod daylight today :shock:

Janex

Hope she's better. My boyfriend says I worry about the buns too much but if one of them is off colour I know before he does. You know your buns personalities and if they are not behaving normally. Maybe you could book her in at the vet for one of the Healthy Hopper MOTs just be be sure.

You know your bunnies better than anyone, does she still not seem herself? If she isnt maybe you could ring your vet for advice and see if they want you to take her down. Its best to be safe than sorry and it will put your mind at rest. Hope she is ok x x xh

i think i was just being silly she is eating, running around, pooing, drinking and gave me kisses. However i still have this little bit of me being worried - thank you everone for your kind words.

Sue
xx

Back