• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter tray

capel

Warren Veteran
Ok. The dog crate is all set up in the spare bedroom ready for Furby's arrival after her spay. I just wonder what to put in her litter tray. Normally I use a good layer of megazorb topped up with straw and then a bit of hay at the front for her to nibble. However, I am aware that hay etc can be problematic with a bun who has abdominal stitches. I have some RUSSELL Extra soft Straw would that be ok?

I think shredded newspaper is quite soft - but sure there is someone better experienced to tell you what they would recommend.

Hope all goes well for your little lady x

Brace yourself for a really daft question...did you shred it yourself or use a paper shredder??

i would use shredded newspaper and hang put a hayrack low down next to the tray so she can still nibble as she 'goes'

hope furby makes a speedy recovery :D

Ok, Will do. I'm going to fill the big playball with hay and will buy a small one that I can put at the front of the tray for her. Thanks for the suggestions. Back online later. :lol:

Back