• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jen and Harley update

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Jen and Harley spent their first night as newly weds in Jen's hutch :D Jen didn't seem to recognise it as hers, so the vinegar must have done the trick!

Harley went into a bit of humping and circling overdrive, but they settled within a few hours and started lying next to each other. I gave them some space but checked on them at about 10.30pm and Jen was grooming Harley's ears and face :love:

This morning they shared some veggies without any disagreements, so I think they are going to be fine now!

I just have one question - Harley is proving himself to be a bit of a thumper :lol: I don't think it's fear - I think he uses it to show his disapproval when he can't find Jen straight away. Will he eventually settle down or is there something I can do to minimise the noise? I could hear him in the front bedroom, but I was sleeping lightly so I don't think it'll bother the neighbours (yet :lol: )

I'll get some pictures tonight :D

Thats brilliant glad they are happy together. Could the thumping be because he is in a new place with a new lady so it's all a bit strange?

I think so... Jen usually thumps when she's a bit put out with me (I don't wanna be back in my hutch! THUMP!) so I wasn't sue if it was something similar with Harley or not. When I checked on them during the night he seemed to be doing it when he wanted her to groom him / be humped and she ran away (Come back here luv! THUMP! :lol: ) He seems calmer this morning though.

If it carries on we have a roll of carpet that I could cut down and line the hutch floor with, try and muffle the sound a bit... :D

He sounds abit like my o/h, stamping his feet if he doesn't get any attention.

I bet he'll calm down when he feels more settled :D

He's not been a thumper in the months he's been with us but he and Jen had a right go at it from Sunday when they went into the hutch. I think its just that everything has changed a bit and, he communicates through sound as he cant see what he is doing, he is probably trying to get Jens attention when she wonders off. I expect him to settles, as I said its not something he has done before. :D

Back