• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 unneutered males bonding? U/D Seperated

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Marley and my foster Codey (formally Peter) have been next to eachother in seperate pens all day. When I got in I noticed them grooming through the bars?! Both of them are unneutered and male but they were so affectionate to each other so, against my better judgement I opened the adjoining door fully expecting to have to pull them apart and after a mad minute of humping they flopped out next to each other!

They've been together for a few hours now and not a peep. What should I do? Leave them together or break them up just in case? Ive never had this happen with two whole boys before :?:

Aww bless them so cute .... Can't advise about keeping them together because I wouldn't have a clue.. I know Bertie wants to kill me if I've got Fudges smell on me :(
Any news on Frankie ?

The original lady may have him in a fortnight if her back improves.

Im reluctant to leave them too long and then split them up so i need to decide tonight. Idea's and experiences appreciated :D

Well I decided to split them after Codey tried to savage the cat. Poor Jaffa can quite happily sit in the playpen with Marley but when he got in there last night Codey lunged at him groowling and biting and poor Jaffa didnt know what had hit him.

After fishing him out I split them up, thinking that he could turn on Marley like that at any minute so were back to four hours individual exercise slots now.

Its a shame but I will just have to carry on waiting for that special doe to come along. :D

Could you not get them neutered and then re-introduce them? They'd need to be neutered to live with a doe anyway otherwise they'll do her head in trying to hump her!

I was never intending to keep Codey, he is here as a foster until a space comes up at BARC. I have been looking for a Dutch doe for Marley for some time (I keep peeking at Trixie at honeybunnies) but I have thought about getting them neutered together, trouble is the bunny fund has only got enough to have one done at the moment until I get my vet discount, Marleys money has gone on two previous fosters and it really is his turn now.

Urgh why is life so hard.... :?

Oooohhh! :D Trixie is a beautiful bun, she's at mine at the mo and like Jill's write up says she is a bit of a madam but improving loads - with a bit of tlc, patience and a gorgeous man of her own she'll relax and learn to be loved in no time!

Yeah I saw she was a bit challenging. :lol: The only other thing I have to consider is that there is a chance i amy have to take back a white dwarf lop that I rehomed as she is developing aggression problems. If so it may be she that is eventually bonded with Marley if I cannot improve her behaviour.

Still if that dosnt happen and I have Marley neutered I may drop you a PM about Trixie :wink:

Back