• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recue centres

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Does anyone else live in the Tyne and Wear area know of any animal centres i can get a companion for my Buttercup and also is it ok to put a neuterd male in with a non spayed femal rabbit :?:

I put China (then unspayed) with Rocket when Rocket had been neutered for about 3 months (I got him "ready-neutered" from ARC!), and I put Domino with Benny before she was spayed (today!) after Benny had been neutered for about 8 weeks. Both were fine until the female of the pair hit her teens, then lots of humping and chaos ensued! I would have got them spayed anyway due to health reasons (I think the statistic is something like 80% of unspayed does develop uterine cancer after just a few years) regardless of whether they'd been hormonal. The other thing that can happen is the male gets "enticed" by the female hormones, and even though he's been neutered it's enough to set him off humping. Obviously this isn't too nice for the female so again, off for the op! :D

I hope that helps!

AMETHYST

Yeah thankyou. I am going to get her spayed anyway for the health reasons but i can't afford it right now for another few weeks and she looks lonely there by herself so thought about a neautered shelter companion for her.

She may be easier to bond once she has been spayed for a couple of weeks though as her hormones will diminish. After the spay quite a lot of Does go through a horrible moody period for a few days which can be quite hard to contend with as a person, I pity the buck that has to tolerate them. :lol:

Back