• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New VHD Vaccine Given Today-NO LIMP IN ANY OF THE 5

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Its the 'Lapinject' one made by CEVA

It is less gloopy than Cylap and injects easier. Be interested to see if any of the 5 Buns I have just vaccinated (approved by Christobel) develop a limp....... :? I took all the precautions I would if using Cylap just in case.

Lapinject is cheaper than Cylap too

Janex

It will be interesting to see how they get on :) Just out of interest is there much price difference?

Tam

that sounds great. i'll be very interested to her the results. I so often have poor limping buns are their VHD! and when you have a few buns saving a few pounds always helps. i'd even considered not having the vaccanations because of the side effects but i wouldn'y want to put them at risk, so i just hope this is going to be great!

Tamsin said:
It will be interesting to see how they get on :) Just out of interest is there much price difference?

Tam

I know its cheaper but not exactly how much cheaper cos I haven't paid yet!!

I'll let you know

Actually I am wondering if Vets who dont see lots of Rabbits on a regular basis should start doing Vaccination Clinics. Because the injections come in 5 dose Bottles and once the Bottle has been penetrated it has to be used within 8 hours or discarded. So if a Vet just saw 1 Rabbit for a VHD Vaccination they would need to charge a lot more to the client if they had to throw the remaining 4 doses away. Unless it also comes in 1 dose vials... :?

Janex

I thought the new one must be out as the last bottle of cylap I bought cost less. My vets still haven't heard about lapinject except from me though :?

Lapinject sounds a bit like the vaccine my bunnies got in France, it wasn't thick and gloopy like the one here, it was also only available in bigger doses so I always got both buns done together.

Gini had her VHD injection (the normal type) and I think a drop or two fell on her fur (I noticed it was matted at the injection site) I tried to was it off and comb it out, and quite a bit of fur came off. She is also licking the site.

Has anybody else noticed the licking or matting in buns who have had skin reactions?

Could it falling on skin cause this reaction? Is this the reason why (as Jane mentioned on another thread) vets should use 1 needle to draw the vaccine and another to inject?

I'm also worried that I may not have cleaned it all off, does anybody know if ingesting a little bit can have side effects. (I rang the vet after washing it and they said that it should be fine, but I'm still a bit worried, even though she is eating normally)

Lapinject is made by a French company :D

I would just keep an eye on the injection site on your Bun as sometimes a local skin reaction can occur if the vaccine accidentaly comes into contact with it

Janex

Do you think it could damage her tongue, mouth etc.?

If it is the the same vaccine (I can't remember the name) or a similar one, that would be a good thing because mine never had even the slightest reaction, nor did any buns belonging to my friends. I even remember asking the vet if there could be any side effects or reactions and she said that she never heard of any and none of her patients ever came back with reactions. :D

conny said:
Do you think it could damage her tongue, mouth etc.?

If it is the the same vaccine (I can't remember the name) or a similar one, that would be a good thing because mine never had even the slightest reaction, nor did any buns belonging to my friends. I even remember asking the vet if there could be any side effects or reactions and she said that she never heard of any and none of her patients ever came back with reactions. :D

As you have cleaned off any obvious stickiness from the vaccine I am sure your Bun will be fine :) Any adverse reaction should it have got in her mouth would become apparent quickly.
All the Buns I vaccinated with Lapinject yesterday have been fine :D Not off-colour and no limp :D

Now I just have to pay for them :? ....and the other 36..... :shock: :roll:

Janex

Back