• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I must be doing something right!

Well I just had a callf rom my mum back home and hse said she took Buzz to the vets today for his myxi jab and a check up. He was of course a very good little boy. The vet said he was very healthy and happy looking, he asked what we were doign to have such a nice healthy rabbit and one thats so happy (Buzz loves everyone, lots of hugs and nuzzles and nose rubs). I suppose it makes a change for him becuase my last 2 rabbit have had teeth troubles from very very young. It was such a relief to hear he was fine. I think he was the only rabbit to come in and want snuggles from the vet!!!!

Aw that's great news! There's one vet at our practice who probably thinks we're totally mad as he always gets to see the crazy pets - Cloud the mouse who hated being touched so gave him the real run-around, Benny who leapt out of his carrier and ran around the floor for 5 minutes until we caught him then it took 3 of us to hold him still whilst he had his Myxi jab, and Miles the perpetual thumper, growler and thrasher!! :lol: They do often get the bum end of the deal, don't they?!

Great to hear your bunny is so happy and healthy! :thumb:

AMETHYST

i do feel sorry for our vet, i had a very agressive female bunny a few years back, it used to go for him every time he saw it, the dogs we have are a pain becuase theyre too big for the table and wont let him take their temperature (our last english setter used to sit down when the thermometer appeared, there was no way you could lift him to check his temperature either, he was a huge dog), our cat hates going in the carrier, so isnt exactly friendly when he gets to the vets, as for the guineas, well, when you bring in 4 carriers with, last time we went in, 12 guinea pigs needing mite stuff and checkups, now we only have 9 :cry: after losing our oldies. our other vet for the horses has a rough time too, my sisters pony tries to kill any vet that comes near her (we assume she had something bad happen before we got her poor girl) and my pony has to have his teeth rasped every 6 months which means chasing taff (my pony) round the field for about an hour before we can get the vet near him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, it sounds like your crowd are worse than mine - and that takes a lot of doing!

AMETHYST

Back