• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

The Myxi Bunnies........

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Are still fighting, had the vet yesterday for more injections.

Both came home and have been so incredibly quiet, they've really gone backwards and today seem to have gone downhill even more.

Both are still eating but are spending much more time sitting hunched up on their heatpad :cry:

They've been doing so well, obviously as the vet was pleased wth their progress and said the lesions were receding I was hoping they were both going to make it

Seeing them go downhill is breaking my heart, I fear the end is near for one if not both of them :cry:

I'm completely heartbroken :cry: fingers crossed they will pick up a bit

Magic long before he got ill, such a handsome boy :love:
100_1341.jpg

Poppy a long time before she got ill :love:
100_1319.jpg

The Myxi boys, Magic left, Smokey :cry: on the right
100_1335.jpg

Aw no the poor bunnies. :cry:

I really REALLY hope they pull through, sending stacks of vibes their (and your) way!

AMETHYST

Awwww :cry: lots of vibes winging their way to them :) Magic is the most gorgeous colour :love: so beautiful. Fingers crossed they make a full recovery.

They will go up and down, and sumtimes u will wonder if ur being fair keeping pushing them on, then the next time they'll seem a bit perkier, you just have to keep with it. As long as they are eating they r fighting, and everyone jst wants 2 snuggle up cosy when they're feeling rubbish. Most of the first part of when harly was really bad, he hardly came out of his bed at all, and if he did it'd b a little half turn around my living room then back into his bed. They've got this far which is good, I'm really wishing for them to pull through this

Back