• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

urgent ned of rabbit savy vet horndean waterlooville areas

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Im in URGENT need of a rabbit savvy vet they want to leave bif to die!
i cannot see my old vet as shes emigrated..i rang an old vets i used years ago in cosham but the rabbit lady vet left a few years ago..
im sooo distraught..no need for blood tests..ultrasound wouldnt pick it up definately..meanwhile shes stil got this mass in her stomach
if it was cancer in her bladder or stump by the time its discovered shed have it everywhere..not much poinjt really..can you believe it!
yes i know if its everywhere no point..but if they cant even say for sure its cancer and its spreading what the hell!!

please please if you live in petersfield/clanfield/horndean/waterlooville/havant/emsworth way and have a good rabbit vet..please i implore you to pass on the detals for me..for poor little bif.
ive heard of bunies having paws amputated with cancer..is this practices idea to let them die anyway!!

I know it is a way for you to come, but as no one else has replied it may be your only option. Ivan at Kynoch and Partners in Harmans water Bracknell does all of our rescue work and is extremely experienced with rabbits. If anything can be done Ivan will tell you.

Tamsin said:
Gem lives in Havant, perhaps she can recommend a vet :)

I do but I wouldn't say my vet is savvy :?

Debbie try ringing Downland Veterinary Practice on 023 92475004

Thats my local one, you can also try Downlands @ Emsworth on 01243 377141

I'm currently seeing Mr Vawer (Pronounced 'Voor') He's prob at the Emsworth surgery this afternoon but ring both and see

There's Pet Doctors in Drayton you could call on 023 92214499 Petra or Rob Willoughby are the vets there Petra did a briliant job on Spaying one of my girls yesterday

Rob's an exotic vet so he should be able to help

There's Companion Care in PAH Portsmouth as well, they're meant to be a small animal practise but I havn't used them they're on 023 92650655

There's Grove Vets in Southsea, which is who I thnk Touie uses, no experience of them myself but doesn't mean they can't help they're on 023 92861122

There's Harbour Vets in Havant on 023 92484788, they deal with ASAP's rabbits and spayed Bif when she was done

Does Elaine know?

Keep your chin up Debbie and Kia Kaha

We'll get Bif sorted out somehow, I'll pm you my mobile number in case you need any help

Phone Animed in Shedfield near Botley. I recomend them!

Botley Road
Shedfield
01329 833112

Carob said:
Phone Animed in Shedfield near Botley. I recomend them!

Botley Road
Shedfield
01329 833112

They're who I use, they looked after my poorly rabbit brilliantly - Simone and Susan there are both really good with rabbits.

Vicky

Wow thank you all so much m so thank ful for all the advice and recommendations.
sadly im a 24hr carer for my housebound 22yr old daughter whos got sever chronic M.E/CFs and fibromyalgia and besides which i am epileptic and do not drive..my dad passed almost a year ago so no..i have no transport cept my younger daughter who doesnt live with me but her bf (who we hate with venom!)and my grandaughter and shes not been driving very long and then someone reversed full pelt into the back of her weeny lttle car so only short local rips for that car!
i also asked jo who i got bertie from and she recommended victoria grove at emsworth..ask for scott..and downlands in emsworth..
she has loads of frenchies and thats where they go.

But i have already spoken to pet doctors and was so impressed by the nurse alone over the phone im keeping fingers crossed.
its being done as a referral for a second opinion so my vets cant give me the boot! they need to get the xrays and the notes from my vets and then theyll see bif tuesday(takes several days for transfer of stuff as you cant fax an xray i guess and hes not on till next week anyway.) the nurse was concerned as to whether or not bif would hold out till then and i replied well shes eating a little and drinking and pooping and weeing(least she gets in the tray and the tail shoots up over her back!) so im hoping shell manage till then.

Jo said to me oh my god debs how can you give her metacam all the time if they dont know whats wrong..if shes in that much pain they should have discussed her prognosis and when to pts not oh nothing to do just painkillers..bye..

well i am not going to diss matthew as hes usually a blooming good vet all around but none of them are bunnie savvy..if only they could be bothered to consult with an exotic vet in times like this..i mean grrr
ok rant over!
well almost..i have to take bertie whenver bif goes to the vet and vice versa..and im made to feela bit uncomfortable and even had to explain why..unbonding probs etc and bifs nerves..oh my god! The nurse on the phone said yes of course bring him they shouldnt be split up if you can help it ever..i had to explain about the carrier..its on wheels like a buggy.well with bifs 4lb and berties 15lb i cant manage a cat carrier!! :lol:

as soon as she goes and i have any news ill update..and if anything gods forbid happens to her in the meantime ill do that too..
thank you all again soo much.

Oh dear. Hope you manage to get your lovely Bif sorted with a more savvy vet. You have had a terrible time with all of this.

Sending lots of hugs

Fiona x

I live in horndean too! I recommend petra at Animed in cowplain as she keeps rabbits herself! :D If you need anything PM me number is 92255102 but she's only part time but I'M GUESSING SHE'S THE SAME PETRA AS gEM MENTIONED EARLIER SO OBVIOUSLY SPREADS HERSELF ROUND THE AREA :)

touie said:
I'M GUESSING SHE'S THE SAME PETRA AS gEM MENTIONED EARLIER SO OBVIOUSLY SPREADS HERSELF ROUND THE AREA :)

Did you say something Touie? Didn't quite hear you? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Shortish woman with red/purple hair?

oh wow really?

i live in the clanfield side of horndean..not far from the co op and costcutters! i live under the bloomin huge pylon!

thank you gem ive emailed you petal.

bifs in pain tonite buts eating drinking toileting and alert buts shes slept a lot and been very quiet today..i gave her somemetacam but she ate he reat around it she hates the stuff but im sure she got at least one drops worth! she was grinding her teeh a litle and laying on her tum almost with it lifted off the ground..thenshe semed to be ok a bit later.and she pushed bertie clean out the way to have her dinner!
if she worsens i dont know who to call. but ill ring up the vets to see if they can see her a an emergency. or if they think shell hold on till tues

im seeing rob as the paperworks all been done as a proper se cond opinion..not changing actual vets.
trouble with animed is if its an out of hours emergency! i used to go there eyars ago they were great..let me spread the costs of having tabby and her daughter bumble spayed.theyve gone to rainbow bridge a while now. :(
but i will bear that one in mind for future! weird if its same petra..whos robs wife!
me..im always in need of a lift.i will not trust my blackouts and the stress levels of my buns to take them on a bus..although ive seen folks doing just that! thanks very much..youre all so helpful im bowled over by it!

im having sleepness nights now over my daughter having the paramedcis come out for her breahthing probs as well as poor little biffykins.. :(

got any nerve pills folks?!!

my little baby..when just bonded with oscar
bifstretch.jpg

in the garden bonding with bertie after oscar died.
bertienbifgarden.jpg

purplebumble said:
oh wow really?

i live in the clanfield side of horndean..not far from the co op and costcutters! i live under the bloomin huge pylon!

thank you gem ive emailed you petal.

bifs in pain tonite buts eating drinking toileting and alert buts shes slept a lot and been very quiet today..i gave her somemetacam but she ate he reat around it she hates the stuff but im sure she got at least one drops worth! she was grinding her teeh a litle and laying on her tum almost with it lifted off the ground..thenshe semed to be ok a bit later.and she pushed bertie clean out the way to have her dinner!
if she worsens i dont know who to call. but ill ring up the vets to see if they can see her a an emergency. or if they think shell hold on till tues

im seeing rob as the paperworks all been done as a proper se cond opinion..not changing actual vets.
trouble with animed is if its an out of hours emergency! i used to go there eyars ago they were great..let me spread the costs of having tabby and her daughter bumble spayed.theyve gone to rainbow bridge a while now. :(
but i will bear that one in mind for future! weird if its same petra..whos robs wife!
me..im always in need of a lift.i will not trust my blackouts and the stress levels of my buns to take them on a bus..although ive seen folks doing just that! thanks very much..youre all so helpful im bowled over by it!

im having sleepness nights now over my daughter having the paramedcis come out for her breahthing probs as well as poor little biffykins.. :(

got any nerve pills folks?!!

my little baby..when just bonded with oscar
bifstretch.jpg

in the garden bonding with bertie after oscar died.
bertienbifgarden.jpg

:lol: I think we live in the same place, I too live near the co-op, Horndean side of clanfield and have a pylon in the field opposite my house :lol:

It is the same Petra married to Rob, her surname is Willowby so that would be too much of a co-incidence, I'm told Rob is very good too :D

well shes still here..and alert saw her having a little brekkie..but squishy poo overload right now. im going to let her finish her heavy nap and then go in and change litter trays..i swept up all the poo theyd both left me around the food bowl! bertie was only too pleased to see me and ave a nose rub..bif cowered ready to run as usual.

I rang the vets and the nurse was soo helpful..she said if she goes downhill theyll see her tomorrow as an emergency and igfs shes still rough mon then shell see petra otherwise keep her eating drinking taking pain meds and resting till utesday.
fingers tightly crossed folks as we all know buns pick fri night sat night and sun to get sicker!!

ive got to butt bath her later im dreading it..ill haveto shut the kitties in the downstairs loo and lock bertie in the run! And ive got to cathch the little madam first! either that or i use the basin..at least shes only going to get her nether regions wet and nnot any more..

oh my god touie..im gonna pm you! :shock:

Back