• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been to the vets this morning

Cookie&Twix

Alpha Buck
I took the buns to their mot this morning. Twix is in perfect health, although may be a little on the heavier side or normal. The vet reckoned that 1-2 tablespoons of pellets a week is enough for a rabbit her size and that the rest of the time she should be eating hay. What do you think? Twix is not a big veggy/hay eater, although is getting better. She was eating that mix stuff when we rescused her last year.

As for Biscuit, he is in good health also, eyes were good, teeth great, in nice condition. His head movement thing could well be due to his colouring or congenital but is not bathering him. He had one of his 2 vacs this morning and is more than ready to be de-plummed. He ever offered to do it today, but unfortunatelty we both agreed it was not ideal as my youngest son is being admitted to hospital this afternoon for a sleep study and I will be staynig with him. We agreed to neuter him in Thursday aso that i can be at home to look after him post op.

I can thoroughly recommend travelling with rabbits in the same carrier as a way of bonding. Although my 2 get on well anyway without any bonding help from me, they seem even closer since we got back and Biscuit is not spending as much time trying to hump her, lol! They are currently playing in the dining room. Who knew that my 4 year old doe still liked to play like a toddler?!

My vet recommended a teaspoon of pellets per rabbit per day.

I thought this was a bit harsh so just cut down on what I already fed them and continued with unlimited hay and they seem to be fine!

Back