• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Depressing- Frankies home has fallen through

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Even when I prepare for the worst it still upsets me. Frankies new mummy was supposed to collect him Friday morning but we had to cancel so I could take Fiver to the vets. Then she was supposed to come tomorrow on her way back from Wales. I stayed in all night and never a call.

Checked my email today and apparently she has hurt her back and unable to drive and has told me to give him to someone else. Is a phone call too much to ask?

Worst thing is I turned down another home for him too. I was really hoping to see him in a new home before I went away. :( :cry: :( :cry:

Awww, I'm really sorry to hear this :( I was hoping the weather had just put her off :(

I wish there was something I could do to help xx

Ive sent her another email politely enquiring about her back problem and explaining that the other lady now has another rabbit. Just waiting to hear from bunnymadhouse re: his place n the BARC waiting list.

I have 3 buns staying with Cat who are waiting to come here and I was really hoping to get one of them when I got back from NY.

I keep thinking if I hadnt panicked and rushed Fiver to the vets then Frankie would be in his new home by now :?

Her back problem may be genuine but if not then a good job he didn't go. if a person is making excuses then not right for the bunny anyway..look at it like that!
And just to add.. this happens a lot when rehoming :(

I know I keep teling myself that but it was such a great home, he could live in the house with two gorgeous girlies and the lady was a vet nurse.

Harleys homes have fallen through so many times that I try not to get my hopes up but this one was going so well.

At least Jen and Harley are getting on :D

Sorry the home fell through Sooz.

One of the reasons why I only send my fosters to established rescues as they are prepared for this kind of thing and have far more experience then I do of re homing.

Louise

All of the fosters except Harley are on waiting lists but I like to try and rehome them when I can, even if its just to ease the pressure on rescues.

Its still heartbreaking when it dosnt work out though.

Apparently he is 8th at the moment so I will keep on trying. May just go and bump him up on RR too :wink:

Back