• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Goodness Now What Do I Do-UPDATED Tues 23rd Jan

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Just received this email

Hi Jane,

Hope all is well with you. I don't know if you managed to get a baby out of
Geoff's litter or not, but I thought you might like to know I have a couple
of Velveteens available at the moment. They have the same father as Lord
Lospley had, but a different mother. They will be quite big as well,
upwards of 9lbs I would expect, as one of the grandparents was a pure
English Lop. They were born 11th of November, one is a black doe, and the
other a cinnamon buck (from the same litter). If you would like one of them
(free of charge in Lopsley's memory) let me know, otherwise I will be
advertising them this week. (The buck is the more laid-back of the two in
my opinion.) I am currently planning on going to the Bradford Show at
Harrogate this Saturday (weather permitting), so could take a rabbit there
if you know someone closer down your way that is going and could collect.

Cheers,

They could end up with someone I know who WILL use them for Breeding :x
Please advise me, I am an emotional wreck having just lost Martha..... :cry: :cry:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Janex

if you really are strapped for space could you not take them on, neuter them and then rehome them? loads of people love the velveteens and if its the breeding issue you're worried about then you could eradicate that and get them perfect homes too.

Just a thought.

Shiv

P.s. Have to say I would love to have one as a house rabbit!! Not sure I could though!! Gorgeous things but so much better neutered ;)

Will they be breeding more?

its a difficult situation either way, especially regarding them being used for breeding by someone you know :(

They're a breeder right? Unless you are going to take every rabbit they breed, which obviously isn't practical, then there isn't much you can do. Also, if Lopsleys problem was possibly genetic do you want to/can you put yourself through that again?

But this is a breeder? Who is going to carry on breeding them? Itsback to the old debate isn't it. ALL rabbits deserve a good home but if you keep taking them from this breeder then it will just mean that he moves them on more quickly and can get started on the next lot.
I don't think its a good time for you to be thinking about it really. Allow yourself to get past today.

Tamsin said:
They're a breeder right? Unless you are going to take every rabbit they breed, which obviously isn't practical, then there isn't much you can do. Also, if Lopsleys problem was possibly genetic do you want to/can you put yourself through that again?

The problem Lops had was not genetic.

Its like trying to walk through quicksand isn't it.....
I just KNOW once they go on Free-Ads they will be snapped up by the person I know and will be bred from (Even though this person knows NOTHING about breeding/genetics etc)....... :x :cry: :? :?:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Tamsin said:

I just KNOW once they go on Free-Ads they will be snapped up by the person I know and will be bred from (Even though this person knows NOTHING about breeding/genetics etc)....... :x :cry: :? :?:

Janex

The breeder obviously likes you, that's why they emailed with another bun - could you "warn" them about the person you are worried about?

Angie65 said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Tamsin said:

Janex

I have and they have put the person off once. But apparently the person has said they will get back in touch in the Spring.

I guess we just CANNOT help them all.....

God, I feel RUBBISH today...... :cry: :cry:

Janex

The breeder obviously likes you, that's why they emailed with another bun - could you "warn" them about the person you are worried about?

aww jane you are having a badday :(
i think deep down you know whether or not you want to take one of these buns. have you got room?, do you have any buns that need a partner?

if sir vic is getting neutered soon maybe you get the black doe to pair with him :love:

sorry i am a bad influence little bit broody thats all :lol:

Jane,
I`m sure you know in your heart what you want to do but there`s always `The Breeder Debate` which is what i`m sure is pulling you both ways.
Personally I`d say go with what your heart is saying & what your own personal opinion is on the matter.

Hope that makes sense?
Su.x

Why don't you take them with the intention of perhaps bonding the doe to Sir V and rehoming the other to a good home off this forum.

Thanks everyone

I would never again PAY for a breeders Rabbit (I did buy Lord Lopsley :oops:) So I could only take one of the Rabbits. And as Tamsin says, that is not going to stop the 'production line'. But then there is the 'we cant help them all but we can help the ones that come our way'
And I now KNOW about these Rabbits and so........

I really, really dont know what to do. I have the room for another Rabbit and the finances to neuter/vaccinate but .....

Sorry, I am just a mess today... :oops: :cry: :oops:

Janex

Jane you have to do what feels right for you, no-one else can make the decision. You will be supported by your friends whatever you decide :wink:

Jane, I think deep down you know you want one of these babies. Its like a direct link back to Lopsely. I wouldn't tell you waht to do but just echo the sentiments of other, listen to your heart on this one!

P.S. Can we have piccies of the new bun when they arrive??? :lol: :lol:

Well I do already have Sir Victor as a link to Lopsley (Vic is Lop's nephew)
It is very strange that the email arrived as I got back from Christobel's having said goodbye to Martha :cry:
And today would have been my Border Collie, Gemma's Birthday.....

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Janex

ooo i think its a sign. these things work in mysterious ways you know :wink:

maybe you need a Duchess of Lopington :wink:

Re: Oh Goodness Now What Do I Do

Jack's-Jane said:
They were born 11th of November, one is a black doe, and the
other a cinnamon buck (from the same litter). If you would like one of them
(free of charge in Lopsley's memory) let me know

Janex

Born on REMEMBERENCE DAY................

Still dont know what to do..... :oops: :? :oops:

Janex

Back