• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ooh dear - Domino is hormonal!!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
All of a sudden today Domino has hit her teens! :shock: She's around 10 months old now and has been an absolute angel up to now. We were going to get her spayed next month but after her behaviour today it's going to get done this week! :lol:

She hasn't left poor Benny alone, humping him at both ends! :shock: :oops: She thumps all the time, chases Benny around, and "postures" in front of Benny in a rather enticing way, if you catch my drift!! :oops: :lol:

Benny is thoroughly bewildered by the whole thing, and doesn't know what to do! :lol: He hasn't humped her at all, he just runs away when she starts up!

AMETHYST

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's amazing isn't it how it seems to happen so suddenly? Smudge was the same, a lovely girl one day, a humping terror the next!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now she's spayed she's a lovely girl again. :D

Nicola

:lol: :lol: :lol: awww bless her.
Now Domino, that is no way for a young lady to behave. I know you two are co - habiting, but you must wait until you are married...Honestly the youth of today! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear another hormonal bunny! :roll: :lol: :lol:
Now, now Miss Domino you`re giving us ladies a bad name! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

I called the vets and Domino is booked in for her spay first thing tomorrow at 9:10am! I think our vets are great - you take your rabbit in for a pre-op consultation (free) where they ask you questions about the rabbit and then do a full health check. If all is well they take them in for the op, then give you a full run-down of post-op care, sending you home with stacks of care sheets, and a free sachet of SS recovery food and a syringe just in case! They ALWAYS use internal stitches, and NEVER issue buster collars. You then go back later on that day to collect them, when they've recovered from the GA. Don't you think that's great all-round for the bunny's well-being?! :thumb:

I'm going to go shopping later to buy all of Domino's favourite treats to help her get better, and will be cleaning out the hutch tomorrow to put down a huge fluffy towel for Domino to lie down on! :)

AMETHYST

Sounds a bit like how my 2 have been with Benji.

They have been speyed today and i'm going to collect them in a couple of hours.

Good luck to Domino for tomorrow!

00Geordie said:
Sounds a brill vets you have.

Yeah, we're VERY lucky! I'd trust them with any of my pets, whatever the procedure.

Domino was getting so frustrated today in her hutch (usually she's very happy with just a couple of hours of exercise outside the hutch) that I've had them out almost all day running about one half of the living room. She just had so much energy to burn off! She has spent most of the day running everywhere, chinning everything and humping Benny!!

I'm SO glad she's being spayed tomorrow! :lol:

AMETHYST

Back