• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodie bags for rescues. POSTING LIST ADDED!!

Dobbin

Mama Doe
ok, from an earlier post that i put on i have decided to organise the following.

Sending goodie bags to rescues. :D :D

The idea is that everyone wishing to take part posts below or emails or PM me. Then two weeks today i will let people know who they are sending to. The idea being we can all do a little bit to help rescues. If rescues can also post below or contact me if they would like to receive goodie bags. I will then let people know who they are posting to. This way hopefully the rescues will end up with some lovely new toys and treats for all the gorgeous bunnies they help. You certainly dont need to spend a lot every bit helps rescues.

I am sure we can all also think of some items we can get for free to send. Please also post below if you can think of free items we can send - toy ideas or treat ideas - for instance i dont have a clue what may be growing in my garden or surrounding woods which would be ideal as a treat for a rabbit.

I hope doing this does not upset anyone or that i am doing anything wrong - i am just trying to organise something to help rescues. :oops: :oops:

Remeber it does not matter how small the item is or how much it may cost i am sure rescues are pleased to receive anything.

(IF this would be better suited in another place and someone wants to move in that please feel free).

Thank you for looking and helping. I hope this will be a wonderful and exciting experience. :D :D

Sue
xx

i will do it :D

i think its a great idea :D

now off to look on thehayexperts webbie for some ideas :D

can we maybe put in a little postcard from our bunnies?? :oops:

oh yes most defiently!!! I know i would be thrilled if Dobbin and or Twinkle were to recive a card from another bun!! lol

Thank you

Sue
xx

cheekytikki said:
can we maybe put in a little postcard from our bunnies?? :oops:

I think putting a card in to say whom has donated something is a wonderful idea, it then gives the rescue a 'name' to say thank you to.

one more question :oops:

is there a set maximum or can we spend as much as we like??
will also be going down the woods in the next week or so on the look out for wild apple branches :D

Spend as much or as little as you like - please ask away.

A.R.C are the first rescue to contact me to be receivers.

Thank you very much everyone who has responded so far.

Please don't forget to post ideas of free things we could also send.

Sue
xx

howe about things like tough plastic flower pots (great fun to throw around) edible branches, wooden cotton reels (would plastic ones be ok too? ) loo roll middles and kitchen roll middles, boxes, possible those wooden 'dolly pegs' :? ummmm will keep thinking!

oooo im so excitedabout doing this!

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

I have to say i am very excited about this as well!!

I didnt think of flower pots!! Hadn't thought of dolly pegs either - would they be ok? What branches are ok?

Sue
xx

You got my vote on this one Sue. Searching through stock as i type. Bindi won't be too happy but she has to learn to share. Maya will send lots of free hugs :)

oooohhhh our bunnies here would love to get parcels :D

Sweetpea and Teddy are jealous cos Hope gets presssies from Sue and Dobbin . :D it would be nice if they got pressies too :thumb:

Angie x

Bambi and George, our permanent rescue buns, would love a goodie bag too. :D

Had a think about some other ideas for things that are light to post and cheap to buy but useful for rescues.

Rubber gloves
Bin liners
Scourer pads
Sachet of Virkon
Fly papers..

and for the actual bunnies,, charity shops usually have baskets of cheap soft toys and plastic baby toys that are suitable for bunnies! :D

Back