• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a quick question....

Just wondered if anyone else's rabbits can't or won't walk on tiled or laminate floors???

I was reading the post about getting alternative flooring and laminate being advised, but when my mostly out door buns come in, if you put them on the laminate or tiles they just collapse in a heap and stay there!

They have been in the last few nights as I have to strengthen their run after the high winds, and they are on a big area of table protector from argos in the kitchen, but they won't venture anywhere else (which I suppose is good in that I don't have to worry about a cage etc) but it would be nice to see them being able to stretch out a bit more....anything I can do to tempt them or do I admit defeat?

Also, they will be going outside to their hutch after 3 days being in (albeit in a non heated kitchen) will they be o.k.?

Thanks, Amanda x

My buns are fine on wooden flooring & floor tiles.. Molly used to run that fast on the wooden flooring she would have to slam the breaks on at the last minute :lol: usually ending up into something.. Bertie is fine but he's a little tubby so doesn't run like she used to do.. He is on a hay & veg diet though not a very happy bun :(

my bunnies have all been ok on it! Quite funny watching them trying to run away from you on laminate though :shock: like bambi on ice! :lol:

Some like it, some don't, each bun is different. Be careful though if they don't like it cos they can hurt themselves in their panic to avoid it :wink:

Try putting down a big rug or some towels/mats to give them some grip.

They should be fine to go out again too, just make sure there's lots of fresh hay to snuggle into. We have a couple of buns who spend all day outside and come in overnight and they're all fine with it.

This is the lengths Donny Kitchener, one of my buns (and Lucy's! ) will go to to avoid the tiles :roll:

nolike.jpg

justabit.jpg

mustget.jpg

:lol:

i love it!! That's so funny, pretty much like my two...they have a big area where they can hop about on, but the whole length of our downstairs (we live in a town house) is either laminate or tiled (and they are not allowed upstairs after a weeing on the carpet incident :oops: but they seem to absolutely hate the flooring, so I guess i'll have to stick with the table protector! At least I know where to find them in the morning! :roll:

Thanks for the advice about them going out again, puts my mind at rest :D

Audrey refused to come out of her cage when first moved into the tile kitchen, but she is fine now, although she does tend to spend most of her time sat on the rug under the table.

Aww, love those pics, that's what mine look like too! :lol:

Berri, Ebony and Pebble are all fine on tiled floor (but we put towels and blakets down anyway because it's cold) but they hate laminate wooden floors!! :lol: The only time they will go on it is a mad quick rush over it to get to the bottom of the stairs! (they love the stairs and the landing because it's the only part of the house that's carpeted :roll: )

I put down a rug when the buns come in the living room :D

At first they were sliding about all over the place but after about a week they could hop about on it without any problems.

The only thing is that Trip still keeps trying to jump up onto the sofa from the floor and just slips, even though he has a rug next to the sofa he wont jump from that :roll: :lol:

Back