• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit easter eggs

There yoghurt heres a photo.
rabbiteasteregg.jpg

awwww sweet, I got a xmas stocking for the boys and it had in it a bag of yoghurt drops, but I haven't given them any yet as I thought it wasn't ok to give rabbits dairy...........I mean, I know they were aimed at rabbits, but thr's a lot of things aimed at rabbits that they shouldn't really get. So they'r ok yeah?

I wouldn't give my buns anything like that, all it does is make them fat, rot their teeth, cause gut problems and makes you give money to your vet :roll: :lol: I wouldn't give any commercial treats to buns even if the packaging said it was for 'rabbits', pet shops only want to make money out of you, they don't think about what's good for the animal, but the choice is yours :thumb:

Then theres also the fact that rabbits are herbivores, and I personally am digusted at the thought of giving them cow milk. Its just wrong. Bunnyhugger said everything I'd have said, but she beat me! :)

Dread to think how many people will buy these, and feed them the whole flippin egg! :roll: Bet they have chocolate ones for dogs *cringes* Oh how I hate petshops! :evil:

As a rule he don't don't get dairy products but tought a one off not do any harm as he only be getting a little bit a day. But yeah I agree that lot of things that petshops sell saying ok for pets are harmfull that why i'm very carefull what I buy.

I agree with bunnyhugger. The only bunny treats mine get are the biscuits from the hay experts and thats only one shared between the three of them once a month and the pineapple and papya tablets.

I give mine bits of fresh fruit for treats, much healthier :D

The photo is a bit blurry, but i'm sure it says 'Yoghurt *flavoured*', which doesn't necessarily mean that it's got yoghurt in it.

Geordie, what are the actual ingredients?

00Geordie said:
As a rule he don't don't get dairy products but tought a one off not do any harm as he only be getting a little bit a day. But yeah I agree that lot of things that petshops sell saying ok for pets are harmfull that why i'm very carefull what I buy.

Problem is, it *may* do harm, rabbits can't digest lactose, very high in sugars,thats why human babies can't have cows milk, and bunnies find it hard to digest high carb foods anyway. :wink: You can feed it if you want, but I think they'd appreciate a nice bit of apple more. :)

The photo is a bit blurry, but i'm sure it says 'Yoghurt *flavoured*', which doesn't necessarily mean that it's got yoghurt in it.
Their 'carrot' drops have milk in them, so I'd guess there is milk in it, and if there isn't, I still don't recommend feeding any petstore treats due to the amount of sugar.

cute_fuzzies said:

Geordie, what are the actual ingredients?
Yes it's yoghurt flavour ingradients are
sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil, whey powder,
yoghurt powder (min6%), wheat flour, soya lecithin.
Typical Analysis:
protain 4.2%, oils & fats 31.8%, fibre 1.8%, ash 1.0%.
But I never give shadow theegg in one go he get a bit each day. If you think this be harmfull then I give not shadow any.
Sorry if I have upset anyone just thought I inform you that all.

I dont think you have upset anyone Geordie, if they sell these things in pet shops and they are labelled for rabbits people are going to buy them. To be honest I didnt even think about the whole dairy thing I just dont like the idea of those kind of treats and I would rather give fresh fruit instead :D

We all learn new things on here :D

You havent upset anyone :) I think most new owners think these things are ok...why wouldnt we? I know I did.

I would think as an occassional treat it probably wouldnt hurt, but I must admit I never give my bunn anything like that- lukcily shes easily pleased and gets excited if given a brussel sprout! :lol:

Back