• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just an idea...U/D - how about this?

Dobbin

Mama Doe
(I hope no one minds me suggesting this and i do so apologise if its in the wrong place :oops: :oops: :oops: ).

I think as most of you know i enjoy scrapbooking and cross stitch, on one of the cross stitch forums i go on now and again we do little goodies bags for each other.

I wondered if maybe we could do that for our rabbits. I dont mind organising it. People say if they would like to take part, i give each person someones name and address and you put together a little goody bag for there rabbit and post it to them. We could say a limit - maybe £5 - but you could also include toys and bits which dont cost you anything - twigs, leaves (Obviously only ones buns can have).

What do people think? I just thought it might be a nice little freindly idea and we may get some amazing and different presents for our buns from it.

Again i am sorry if this is in wrong place or upsets anyone.

Sue
xx :D :D :D

:D It's a nice idea but....I would be very wary of giving my home address out to anyone I 'met' online, and I think everyone should be cautious - but that sounds even more offensive! - sorry peeps, I'm sure you're all genuine, but there are always lurkers out there who spot an opportunity, worm their way in, and find their prey....or am I paranoid? :shock:

sorry :oops: :oops:

Didnt think about that, that didnt enter my head - i aplogise. I was just thinking it woud be a nice thing to do.

:oops: sorry :oops:

Sue

xx

There's a few websites that specialize in that sort of thing, I've taken part in a few myself. I think its a great idea but completely understand peoples concern. How about if we did it but there was no way of matching up someones user name and address. Does that make sense? I know I always enjoyed posting and getting things, It does sound like a lot of work though.

It's a shame that we need to protect ourselves but a sad fact really. A good idea though Sue, I guess there's no reason why a small group couldn't do it - I know for a fact I wouldn't mind giving my address out to about a dozen existing members some of which I've already met and others I'd like to meet.

I do dollshouses and I know some dollshouse clubs do this, but I think it's a smaller community and members get to meet each other at dollshouse fairs etc. I think it's different if you meet up with the people and know they're genuine.

The way its done on the cross stitch forum is that only the organiser has all the addresses - everyone sends a confidential email to her with name, address, any particular likes or dislikes and if there is anyone they would particularly not like to be paired with - obviusly not having to give a reason.

Organiser sorts it all otu - emails each person - gives a date to post out by and then when all has been recived pictures are put on forum.

I dont mind organising it if people want to do it - i do apologise i reallly didnt think of the bad side of it - i hope i have not upset anyone. :oops: :oops:

Its just i love putting togther goody bags and posting them out and receiving things - spceially for my buns. I do goody boxes for a bunny i sponsor and i love it and i hope the bun does to!!! :D :D

Sue
xx

how about organising them to send to rescues? as chances are their addresses are somewhere anyway?

plus people in different places might be able to get different toys, treats etc from 'little' local petshops

(like once on holiday they sold lovely wooden log cabins for rats and i never saw them before then or since!)

yep can do - what would people like to do i dont mind organising two - one for each other and then another one where people say if they want to take part i organise them fairly over how many rescues want to take part and we post to them.

What would people like to do?

Sue
xx

I think it would be a great idea to send them to rescues or even particular rabbits at rescues such as long termers.
Don't apologise, it's a lovely idea :D

I like the idea of sending to buns in rescues, I think its a great idea :wink:

Like Kayjay said I wouldnt mind giving out my address to some of the people on here there are people I would love to meet too, but I dont like the idea of just anyone getting my address if you know what I mean. Im well scared that a crazy lurker or something would get my address :oops: :lol:

But I would definetly send some goodie bags to rescue buns :D

ok then - well lets go for rescues - if everyone is happy i am happy to organise this. Shall i start a new thread? Asking who wants to help and which recues would like to take part. Then when i know how many people would like to take part i will evenly distribute each person to a rescue!! Does that make sense!?

How exciting!!

Sue
xx

Hi,

I think its a fantastic idea and I'd definitely be up for that. We have a similar scheme over on www.coolminiornot.com for exchanging wargames minis, which we then paint and show off on the site. Basically someone organises it and everyone who wants to get involved PMs the organiser. Then the organiser puts together a list of everyone's username and you post to the person below you (by PMing that person your address and receiving the address of the person you are posting to via PM). That way, only one person receives your address and you receive only one other person's address. If you are wanting to post to someone in particular, or you don't want certain people to post to you, just ask the organiser to ensure that this is taken into account in the list.

love the idea of sending them to certain buns :D

would we get to choose the particular buns or would they be chosen at random??

I was thinking that once the list was compiled of who wanted to do it i would just then share it equally amongst the rescues and then let you know which rescue you are sending to.

What do people think? Shall i start a new thread? Then you can sign up if you want to do it.

I love sending boxes to Hope, thats why i thought this would be quite nice.

Does anyone mind if i organise this?

Sue
xx

I was thinking that once the list was compiled of who wanted to do it i would just then share it equally amongst the rescues and then let you know which rescue you are sending to.

What do people think? Shall i start a new thread? Then you can sign up if you want to do it.

I love sending boxes to Hope, thats why i thought this would be quite nice. I am so so pleased she likes them.

Does anyone mind if i organise this?

Sue
xx

Back