• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

edit: my rabbits all hate each other : (

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I need to get Twinkle into a couple so that I have a spare hutch to find a partner for Caramel!

do I...

a) try her with Fudge though she'd have to stay indoors with him till the weather warms up at least, and he could potentially be difficult if Twinkle pesters him and he has been living alone for a year now :?

or b) try her with Splodge and Sugarplum in the shed, there's lots of room, they're all laid back bunnies, though there is a size difference and neither of the females have been spayed though they are still quite young (8 months and 5 months)

Well first I tried Fudge and twinkle, she was fine but he kept getting aggressive with her, not badly no one got injured and he always backs off if i say no! There was no humping and fudge just looked annoyed about the whole thing

Next i took him home and returned with Splodge and Sugarplum, I let SugaRPLUM OUT BY HERSELF TO MEET TWINKLE, I THOUGHT THAT PROBLEMS WOULD ARRISE WITH THESE 2 IF THEY WERE GOING TO ARISE AS NEITHER IS SPAYED.

All started off well, they were lying next to each other :shock: then Twinkle jumped on Sugarplums back I thought she was grooming but the next thing I know Sugarplum ran off with white fur flying everywhere :( After that everytime Twinkle went near her sugarplum boxed her and i had to stop as I was scared of twinkle getting hurt with the size difference!

So all in all an unproductive day and i've 3 single rabbits that hate each other :(

Oh dear that terrible news!

I tried doing something similar with 4 guinea pigs.My 2 and 2 of the schools(all girls.)They were fine at first happily playing in the run.Next day i put them out together again and straight away 1 of my piggies went for 1 of the school ones.Poor Honey(a school piggy)was right in the middle of the run,the other three running around her fighting thn one of mine(Misty)( :evil: )ran to her and nipped her.I seperated them and had to then calm down my two(trying to kill each other!)

But i never put them together after that.It was too horrific! :oops: :(

Hope yours goes better than mine did!

Amy
xxxx

Amsy1991 said:
Oh dear that terrible news!

I tried doing something similar with 4 guinea pigs.My 2 and 2 of the schools(all girls.)They were fine at first happily playing in the run.Next day i put them out together again and straight away 1 of my piggies went for 1 of the school ones.Poor Honey(a school piggy)was right in the middle of the run,the other three running around her fighting thn one of mine(Misty)( :evil: )ran to her and nipped her.I seperated them and had to then calm down my two(trying to kill each other!)

But i never put them together after that.It was too horrific! :oops: :(

Hope yours goes better than mine did!

Amy
guineas are easier to do one at a time, and use the igloo to calm down the most agressive, took me a while to get one of my girls to stop attacking every other piggy.
xxxx

oh heck .

its scary when they fight :?

couldnt someone else take them and try themas they may behave differently away from you and away from a familiar place .

Actualy perhaps if you got your unspayed girls spayed ...things might be easier then ...just a thought as there would be less chance of hormonal aggression . :?

PLan z.... could you take her along to a rescue that does bonding so that they are sent home as a couple negating the need for a temporary spare hutch?

Tam

touie said:
Well first I tried Fudge and twinkle, she was fine but he kept getting aggressive with her, not badly no one got injured and he always backs off if i say no! There was no humping and fudge just looked annoyed about the whole thing

Next i took him home and returned with Splodge and Sugarplum, I let SugaRPLUM OUT BY HERSELF TO MEET TWINKLE, I THOUGHT THAT PROBLEMS WOULD ARRISE WITH THESE 2 IF THEY WERE GOING TO ARISE AS NEITHER IS SPAYED.

All started off well, they were lying next to each other :shock: then Twinkle jumped on Sugarplums back I thought she was grooming but the next thing I know Sugarplum ran off with white fur flying everywhere :( After that everytime Twinkle went near her sugarplum boxed her and i had to stop as I was scared of twinkle getting hurt with the size difference!

So all in all an unproductive day and i've 3 single rabbits that hate each other :(

Don't give up :)

Its quite likely that they were pretty confused with the second introductions as Twinkle had been with a male who wasn't keen on her then she was introduced to unspayed girls probably smelling of a male and when she got on top of sugarplum it just caused sugarplum to panic because it was a new bun and a new bun that smelt of 2 diff buns! :lol:
I personally would probably persevere with Twinkle and Fudge as Fudge although seemed annoyed wasn't scared of her and wasn't overly aggressive. Good luck!!!

thanks everyone, I think I'll try her for a little while each day with Fudge to see what happens then.

I can't get either of the girls spayed because they're both snuffly at the moment :(

Back