• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I buy a good rabbit run?

anna

Mama Doe
I need to buy a new run as Ted and Dougal's old one got smashed in the gales last week. It was quite old anyway, so thought I would treat them to a new one!

I found a good place, but a 6ft one was £100! They did have some fab hutches though, I may buy one from there soon, but I am now in desperate need of a run ASAP, and I don't have much money, or the time/skill/equipment to make one!

There was a rescue that made some lovely ones, but I think they closed down, I did email them once about ordering one, but never heard back from them.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Im building my own :D

My one is on its last legs and its huge (It was given to me by an owner of a flemish and its 12' x 6' and I want exactly the same again so am off today to buy the wood and as suggested by members on here, ebaying it up for the wire mesh!

My friend builds them to order and delivers, I will find a link for you. Not sure how much she charges tho :?

I bought two from Bunny Business and got them joined to the hutche and also joined the runs together. Each run was about £45 though so that comes to near enough £100. Not sure you will get much cheaper - even if you made it yourself.

fluffiebunnie said:
I bought two from Bunny Business and got them joined to the hutche and also joined the runs together. Each run was about £45 though so that comes to near enough £100. Not sure you will get much cheaper - even if you made it yourself.

Thats fab! Im going to have a look as it will cost me £50 to make one!

ooops im thick, didn't read the bit about joining them together :oops: :lol:

Back to making my own then! :lol:

kayjay said:
This site has instructions on how to make one

http://home.btconnect.com/NucleusTCR/bunnyhugger/runplan.htm

I've got as far as buying the materials (cost of £50) and painting the wood to preserve it and making the frame. We are finding it quite hard to make as we're not very good DIYers but I know other people have managed to make it fine. And for the money it's a big run.

Just to add, it would be better if you could use weldmesh on the run instead of chicken wire, I really must try to remember to add that note on the website too :roll: :oops:

Make your own, it's pretty easy. If you go to a builder's merchant you can get wood cheaply. I made a 6 x4 run for £20.

rineyroo said:
Make your own, it's pretty easy. If you go to a builder's merchant you can get wood cheaply. I made a 6 x4 run for £20.

:shock: How?? I made one that size and it cost me over £40 - and that was with cheap chicken wire! I have had to fix it several times since too :roll: I would really like to know how you did it! :D

Spacegirl said:
rineyroo said:

:shock: How?? I made one that size and it cost me over £40 - and that was with cheap chicken wire! I have had to fix it several times since too :roll: I would really like to know how you did it! :D

The wire was on special offer at Wilkinson's £1.49 I think and the wood was around a tenner. It was probably bit over £20 because I did have some wood and some wire left from the previous run I made.

Back