• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gasket and Tappet go artsy!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Fun with Photoshop 1 - Gasket and Tappet as fashion models:

diffusegasket.jpg

GTdiffuseglow.jpg

They are great photos!!! How did you do them??? My bunnies are both very dark so they never look too good in a photo - any tips???

Excellent! I love the second one, they look so relaxed munching :)

Black bunnies photograph best when there is lots of light so try outside on a sunny day.

Thanks all for the kind words. I used my Sony Cybershot DSC-P50. Its a 2 Megapixel camera. I set it to, indoors, iso 100 and set the focus to 0.5 m rather than Automatic. Then I put up a white sheet as a background and tempted them into the shot with food. I also used flash. This was the result:

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

Then I used a filter in photoshop called "diffuse glow" to get the effect, I also cropped the images a bit and used the red eye tool.

ETA:

More fun with photoshop:

Taps original:

DSC00616.jpg

Now in spooky glowing mode:

GlowingTaps.jpg

and now we invert the image to get a neon pencil crayon effect:

GlowingTapsinvert.jpg

Another one of Taps:

Original:

DSC00614.jpg

Now using Accented edges filter:

TapsAccentededges.jpg

Glowing edges with a subsequent Sumi-e brush-stroke filter:

TapsGlowingsumi.jpg

and finally, we invert the above:

TapsGlowingsumiinverted.jpg

A couple of other fun shots:

This one converts taps into a drybrush painting:

DrybrushTaps.jpg

And a glowing Gasket, just so as he doesn't feel left out with all this Taps attention.

GlowingGasket.jpg

Another filter I like is the watercolour one for my underwater shots. For example, I took these pictures of dolphins in Kenya:

CNV00009.jpg

CNV00004.jpg

Played around with them in MS photo editor and got these results:

dolphins4.jpg

dolphins6.jpg

dolphins7.jpg

dolphins8.jpg

Oops, think I got a bit carried away there! Sorry for the number of piccies!

:oops:

Hmm I might have a play about with my camera and try to set up a proper photo shoot rather than just try and snap the bunnies as they run past lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow! there great! found that so interesting, thanks for sharing! i really want to play about with my photos too, just don't seem to get the time! i shall try that diffuse low, really nic!

Awwwwwwwww gorgeous bunnies & excellent photos. :D
Me & photoshop don`t get on but after seeing what you can do i might have another try.

Su.x

Great pics :D

I want do take nice pics but I cant do it properly :lol:

And I have no idea how to use photoshop, its the most confusing thing I have ever tried using :shock: :oops:

And I want to get a better camera, but have no idea what one to get :lol:

Back