• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess what...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Dobbin has the snuffles again. Been to emergency vet and has Antibiotics. Twinkle is fine. Any suggestions or ideas what to do - he is eating, pooing, drinking, grooming and running around fine.

The vet and i think stress brings this on in Dobbin - wondering if its a delayed reaction to bonding last weekend - which by the way they are deeply in love now!!!

Sue
xx

Sorry to hear that Su. Can Twinkle be given anything to stop her catching it, I don't know much about it.

Glad they're both loved up, it's great isn't it :love:

The vet said she didnt think so but is going to check and let me know for definet.

It is wonderful to see and Dobbin is so much more affectionate towards us now as well!!

Sue
xx

Hi Sue

Sorry to hear that Dobbin has the snuffles again - we have been going through a similar thing with Loki for the last few months. We were on Baytril for 3 weeks + with very little improvement and we are now 7 days into a course of Septrin, which (fingers crossed) seems to be helping. The vet seems to think that he has probably always had the snuffles and will probably always lapse when stressed.

We were in a vicious circle that a trip to the vets brought on snuffles or made it worse, but we couldn't get treatment without going! We have also not been able to get him his final jab done as the vet doesn't want to run the risk of decreasing his immune system any more, but him not having the myxi jab worries me.

Sorry this has turned into a really long post, but mainly I wanted to say that I hope Dobbin gets well soon and we can both beat snuffles once and for all. It breaks my heart when Loki is really ill with it and I have been feeling really helpless for the last few weeks. The main thing that has kept me going and given me loads of helpful info is this forum - without it we would have had a pretty depressing few months! xx

i hve never given that e......... (Cant remember how to spell it :oops: :roll: ) stuff. Whats that and where do i get it from?

I hope your bun is soon better! The first time Dobbin had it it lasted for about three weeks!

Sue
xx

Back