• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big

Flo

Alpha Buck
Would a hutch and run need to be for 4 buns. I dont have loads of space, but have seen a few ideas.

Hmm, I dont know if this is right or not :roll: but I have a 6x3 double storey hutch, if you added a decent size run to it, I'd be happy keeping 4 buns in there :) X

We've got a poppy house & an enclosure around it it's fab.. Only houses 1 foster bun thought at the moment...

I wish there was a square footage guideline for one bun then you could just multiply it by how many buns you had!!!

Would be so easy then!!!

I've got 4 girls in a (roughly) 5'x8' shed, which is just right I think - With a hutch you'd need a triple and with all the floorspace you lose on ramps, it would have to be a 5' triple - I dread to think how big and heavy that would be, like a large wardrobe :shock: - plus the bottom is a pain to clean out on your knees, and the top is too high - A shed would be much better especially if it's raining - depends how much room (and money) you have really :)

LOL, yes it would be great. Thing is, Chance is quite lazy being a lop, whereas Flo being a Dutch, is very fiesty. So a bit confusing. I think I will end up with a Playhouse, and using one hutch as a crash out station x

I would go for a shed, lost more room for the buns (and you).
And when it's windy and rainy you dont get wet cleaning them out.

A shed would be my choice every time, I cant imagine spending an hour with my buns standing outside in the rain :D

i think someone should invent one of those calculators like you get for rat cages.
just type in the cage / hutch measurements and it says how many you can keep in it

what about one of those dog kennels in the same style as those other links but has a run on the front. have seen piccies of one as a rabbit hutch and it looks fab!

Steph that looks perfect. I cant do anything until I move tho :( How much did that cost you, and was it a company who built it?

I would go with a shed I think.

And an area 6 x 4 with attached run would be ok i would say, as 6 x 2 is recommended for a pair.

The calculator would be difficult for rabbits thought, because it depends on if they're outdoors or indoors and how much time they get outside etc etc.

if the rspca say 3 X 6 for two or whatever it is I guess someone could work out the sq ft of floor space and make a calculator using that?

Back