• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Can anyone tell me about this - i can get a huge amount - equilavent to two black sacks full from my local farm for £9. IS this a type of hay? Can my buns have free range of it?

sue
xx

My buns get about a handful a day. They love it! Like you, I buy a large sack full, and find it keeps well, although I think some people had problems with keeping it in the bag in summer.
Not sure about feeding it ad lib.

My buns have a handfull a day, mixed with their pellets. I dont feed it adlib like I do my hay. They all seem to love it. I buy mine in for the horses but I bring a big bag home and put it in a plastic dustbin to store it :D

I buy a sack of it and keep it in the shed. Lasts about 6 mths, not had any probs storing it. Mine get a hay rack full each day, the pigs love it, some of the buns do, others aren't fussed, and some of the messy ******* will only eat it if its on the floor! x Jess

I've had it before, and my boyfriends got some for his. They get a handful a day and *love* it.

Mine all love it. :D They get about a handful each a day.
Makesure you store it somewhere dry as if it gets wet it goes mouldy & absolutely stinks!!!!!! Speaking from experience! :oops: :roll: Don`t worry i threw it all away but was really annoyed with myself as it was a brand new bale!!!! :roll:

Su.x

Back