• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cat flaps

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Will a frenchie fit through a catflap when fully grown? :? It is a large catflap and i've had 4kg bunnies use it fine but I think Sugarplum will be much bigger! I've put her and Splodge in the shed but neither has worked out what the strange swingy thing is for yet!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

sorry dont know the answer but at the same time you posted this i posted my reply in your 'i thikn iv upset caramel' thread :shock: great minds think alike as they say!!

You can get extra large catflaps. We got a bigger one cos are cat was having difficulty as she got older squeezing. I think it woujld fit a frenchy through. If not you could go for a small dog flap. It really depends how big she gets I guess :lol:

I am having one fitted to Honeys wendy house for the boys, but do you know if it is easy to get rabbits to use them :oops:

our frenchie bertie is a small fenchie..about 12lb/5kg in weight afoot or so higher inheight..over two to three feet on hind legs..he dwarfs my grandaughter! hes as wide as a spaniel! we got him a toilet tray extra large for extra large cats..the ones with a hood and he has great difficulty getting in and out cos of his height more than his width..so its back to the ferplast trio pan!
so if i were you if you got sugar plum from a breeder ask them the size of the parents and any other previous offspring that will give you a pretty accurate isze gauge of sugar plum.
mm i know of an old lady who told me she had a house bun for 13 years and he came and went to do his business and such through the cat flap and came in for the night with the flap locked. she said bunnies butt things with their head to move them and the cat flaps perfect for butting!
try using her fave treats either side of the flap!
btw..berties breeder has some now 20lb bunnies..her fave is a doe called bertha who is 16lb in weight!..faints

a doggy door for a retreiver is the perfect size!

I'm sure a big enough flap could be found. Flopsy my frenchie crossed with lionhead who weighs about 4.5kg can open our living room door :shock: She butts with her nose, then moves a step forward, butts it a bit more, steps forward etc etc until she's through. It didn't take her long to figure it out either. It always makes me laugh when I see her doing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicola

thanks everyone. Her dad was quite a small Frenchie I'd say 4.5-5kg but her mother was absolutely huge :shock: I've not spotted either bunny work the cat flap out yet all of my others have been in and out of it withing 24hrs :? They have been butting it though (or rather chinning it I think) the first time Sugarplum scared herself and jumped :lol: I don't think she was expecting it to move :lol:

Back