• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

group question U/D i wish...*embarrased smiley here*

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
before i start i am not getting more bunnies (as much as i would love them) this is purely a question

those of you with groups what is the best combo???

for example would a male and three female work or is it better to have even numbers or more males?

how easy is it to bond two bonded pairs together?

also how huch space would a foursome require?

thanks

(strange questions i know i have seen a couple of girls i wouls love but know i wouldnt be allowed them :( not that i have room, was just wondering for my own imagination :D:D:D:D )

Its generally easier to have more females to males to minimise fighting. e.g a group of three should consist of 2 does and 1 buck not the other way round.

Im thinking of bonding two pairs together but until I get the run attatched to the hutch permenantly this is on hold for a while.

hmmm If I could get Sugarplum, Splodge, Caramel and Twinkle all in the shed that would leave me 2 spare hutch/ runs for more bunnies :lol:

Ive just posted my trio in pics under Maisie Meggie and Reuben if you would like to see. :D You may have already peeped :lol: :lol:

I have two girls and two boys in a group. The bonding was extremely easy - but I think I was quite lucky :D
They live in a hutch that is 7 foot by just over 2 foot and I am currently in the process of adding a permanent run. They also get several hours out every day in their run on the grass.
IMGP3607.jpg
IMGP3638.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww look at them 'kissing' :love: :love: :love: :love:

they are gorgeous!!!

dont you hate when you really want to do something but know you wont be allowed permission :(:(:(:(:(:(

ok well here is my little secret plan aka what in the perfect world i would be allowed to do

spareroomplan.jpg

this is our spare room it is not very big maybe 6 1/2 - 7 foot square and i would love too convert it to a bunny room. only problem is it is full of stuff, now some of this stuff (eg wardrobe and computer desk) could go back in my room but a lot of 'stuff' would be left over and thats why i dont think it would be practical :cry: if only my parents would give me permission (not asked as i know the answer would be no :( ) i would save up and get lino layed (its carpet atm) and then make it a bunny heaven. they would still free range the landing and probably my room all day as well as having the spare room
i was going to ask this morning when dad commented that my room wasnt really much of a bedroom but i chickened out :(
the only thing is i would be so tempted to get a couplke more buns (if they would fit) and i think that would be pushing my luck :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

well there you go my imaginitive secret is out

I am thinking of bonding my own buns up. The two remaining babies, a Jasper and Holly, and then Chance and Flo. I would then have an empty hutch and run for the fosters.
What size hutch would we need? Chance is a medium sized lop, Flo is a Dutch lady and the two some are believed to be lop x breeds.

Any ideas?

I have found it much easier to add another male to a male/female pair than another female, however it all depends on the temperament of the bunnies. If the female out of the pair is the most dominant then another male is most likelty to work. If the male is the most dominant then another female is most likely to work. I have also bonded 2 male/female pairs before with great success. You have to judge the temperament of each bunny in the pair to establish what would be best to add to it :wink:

:lol: well you know duchey she is one dominant lady :lol: then again saying that teegs is failry dominant too :? hmmm neither really groom each other and both lay nose to nose sometimes in their 'groom me' pose but neither take up the offer, they both nick stuff from each other too although dont know if that means anything :lol:

good job this is all imaginary then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :D

I have a group of 9 -4 males & 5 females. I'm not intending on making this a bigger group - but if I did I think the 4 boys is my maximum male number - they get on ok, but I think having enough space is the main thing - Apart from Joey & smirnoff, I rarely see the males altogether - I think they respect each other, but it's not love. Cracker sees himself as a bit of a Lothario, & Smirnoff thinks he's the boss. I wouldn't want to upset them by adding more boys :lol:

Back