• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding question

touie

Wise Old Thumper
how long after yesterdays failed attempt with Caramel should i leave Fudge before trying him with Twinkle, I don't want to upset him too much?

also would it be ok to take him to my parents again or as he was there yesterday is that no longer neutral? :?

As Twinkle's tiny, and Fudge is vicious, I wouldn't even risk it - but that's me :oops:

Like I say, rabbits like routine, so the more chopping and changing, vet visits and stressful bonding sessions they are subjected to, the more likely they are to get stasis, go into shock or get complications from even minor injuries, as stress will depress their immune system. And I would guess that if a rabbit is continually stressed by changes, they might get even stroppier?

In my experience it takes a couple of months of regular routine to settle a rabbit - I wouldn't keep piling on the stress with an animal that's high strung.

ok :wink: I think with Fudge he'll be fine as long as he's not bitten or bullied in any way. He seems to be calming down as he gets older, I think he only bit me twice last year!

With Amy she was humping his head and she was a big heavy frenchie so he bit to get her off, and with Caramel yesterday he was really sweet licking her head and rolling on his back on the floor, he didn't get aggressive till she bit his nose. Thankfully it looks fine today but it was bleeding yesterday and looked quite sore :(

Twinkle's a sweetie so I'm thinking it could be ok. The only thing that worries me is that she hasn't been spayed and can't be at the moment because she's snuffly (Fudge has also been snuffly in the past). I'm worried she might be a humper :?

Back