• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

!!!!!!!!!oh pleeease not babies..UPDATE EMPTY NEST!

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
went to feed our new rescue bun earlier ...a stray who arrived mid week and....................she was running around with a mouthful of straw .
Checked again half a hour later and she was still doing it :shock: :shock: :?

ohh flippin heck :?

doesnt look pregnant...but then again been fooled by that one before .

had to do a major bunny shuffle to get her into a suitable hutch just in case :? :?

Angie

I do hope Angie that this new bun is just a very tidy bun who is just clearing up her cage :shock: Fingers crossed for no babies

fingers crossed its just hormones causing havoc with her, after all she could quite easly think its springtime with the mild weather we are having....

Ah. erm.....maybe you should dig out a nest box..... :? and pray for a small litter.......

This bunny is the friendliest thing ever :love:

i open the hutch door and she gets on my knee ...

no fur pulling yet but theres a definate nest shape :?

i ve had a good feel though and she realy doesnt feel pregnant ... i do hope shes just having a phantom :? :?

hope its a phantom...we were lucky both Autumn and Flower destroyed their nests so was just hormones...keeping fingers crossed yours are the same

I had a doe brought in last night, I think she is pregnant too, :( She has deffo started to build a nest, but she looks sooo young, probably only 6 months I think. :shock:
Anyways she is dwarf lop, and seems very friendly too, but not liking being picked up.
Sending no babies vibes to everyone. xx :wink:

Oh no Angie, hoping its a phantom too!! :?

Flo, that poor little girl, hopefully if she is pregnant the daddy was small too :? But I hope she's not pregnant!! xxx

Just been chatting to the lady who runs our rescue, has anyone spayed a rabbit whilst there has been a possibility of pregnancy. I know it is a horrible thought, but she is sooo young..Please dont shout at me for asking

Some people do do this. But not all vets will perform it if they don't agree with it.

I'm in no way wanting to start an argument or any conflict, but personally I couldn't, that's my opinion, although it's up to you, whatever you think is best I suppose.

This is a very hard situation for you :(

Im not sure about doing it, Im just trying to think what would be best for her. I have got her indoors, opposite the babies, and she isnt much bigger than them and they are 12 weeks now (where did the time go?) I let the kids out and Holly and Bekka (new bun) where saying hello through the bars, and when I let Jasper out she was the same. She is sooo friendly. She is a bit unsure of the cat, but fine with the dogs. Poor girl! :(

Back