• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where should i get my next rabbit from?

floppynzele

Alpha Buck
where should i get my next rabbit after Zelda from?

i know rabbits are in rescues, but i think all bunnies need a home.

i have searched on rabbit rehome but no rescues are near me and the rescues wouldn't acceppt my hutch as i have a smaller one for my old bunny as a retirement home.

Please get one from a rescue. :D
If there isn`t one near you bunny runs can be arranged. :D I`ve just adopted 2 from a rescue nearly 250 miles away!!!

Su.x

touie said:
what size hutch is it then?

Quite small, I've seen it on another forum and I'm sure you said that you wouldn't post it on here as everyone would shout at you for it being too small.

You're right, no rescue would rehome a rabbit to your current hutch, sorry

cannonwoman said:
Sorry, but why do you feel an older bunny needs a smaller hutch? :?

Su.x

I agree :? I'm afraid I've seen the hutch too, and was a little scared that if i commented, I'd get in trouble .. I truly think bunnies should have lots lots more room than that :( X

She has been told to move her bunny into a smaller hutch by alot of people becuse it has trouble moving round, maybe you should read all the facts before saying stuff, besides her rabbit has a huge run, enclosure and shed aswell as her night time hutch.
The rabbit, Zelda, is very weak and needs to stay comfortable. and Kayjay, i vividly remember you saying that the hutch and run was a good size for a retired bunny, did you not.

Crikes!!!!! I`ve just seen it!! :shock:
Sorry but i wouldn`t even keep a guinea pig in that. Just because older bunnies maybe slower or not run around as much they still need room to stretch their legs when they do want to. :?

Su.x

beckiboo186 said:
cannonwoman said:
Sorry, but why do you feel an older bunny needs a smaller hutch? :?

Su.x

I agree :? I'm afraid I've seen the hutch too, and was a little scared that if i commented, I'd get in trouble .. I truly think bunnies should have lots lots more room than that :( X
we are all open to opino, but the hutch is fine, I know her rabbit gets lots of time on a massive grass patch and the enclosure, nota s though the rabbit runs around or anything. she loves Zelda and when she reads these posts she is going to feel awful and that is bad, Jenna is very emotional. :evil:

cannonwoman said:
Sorry but i wouldn`t even keep a guinea pig in that. Just because older bunnies maybe slower or not run around as much they still need room to stretch their legs when they do want to. :?

Su.x

as I said before her rabbit gets loads of time out and attention, probably alot mopre than other people's bunnies.

If your rabbit is frail and elderly then perhaps it would be wort considering bring him to live indoors. That way he could have lots of time with you and you could keep a close eye on him. And if you had a room he could be safe in then that would be a good way to get him a bit more space without a lot of extra cost.

cannonwoman said:

Su.x

Zelda could easily stretch if she wanted to :roll: its not like she is kept in a shoe box

Jenna asked for opinions, I have stated mine. :D
I`m not prepared to enter into a childish, nit-picking arguement.

Night Night,
Su.x

Back