• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I need a bunny ramp

00Geordie

Warren Scout
Do I need a ramp for shadow to get in & out of his hutch as hutch is 5 inchs from floor where he has access to his own room he was coming in and out fine the first day but now just stays in hutch even tough door on hutch is wide open. And today I put him on floor and he was loving playing in his tunnel & tent but he not come out by himself so do you think I sould maybe make a little ramp for him?

Mine have a 1' jump to get out of the shed and they manage it ok so I'd say he'd be ok :wink:

Piper once jumped about 2+1/2 feet down and 6 foot forwards out of the upstairs of his hutch (he was a bit over-excited at the time) then ran straight back in again. 5 inches shouldn't phase a bunny! :)

It really depends on your bun! And of course the size of your bun and the elnght of their legs.
oscar was a mini lop and had to have one for the indoor dog crate!! he bounced off the settee ok and onto my bed and upstairs although he couldnt get downstairs! He was soo tiny. Bifs bigger than he was but shes a rescue bun with a lot of fear..and shes ok jumping up on the furniture and up the first few steps and down again on our stairs..But bertie whos a french lop is huge and has very short legs,...he has got on the furniture but its a real effort for him..so now he has doggy steps! he catches his feet on the doggy crate as he cant clear it his legs are so short and his feet are so big..good job weve flat packed that months ago then!

2ft jump? isnt that bad for bunnies backs..potential for a spinal injury in some breeds especially very small or very large ones. Which goes to show..it really does depend on the rabbit!

Back