• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

No pee

Suzanne

Mama Doe
My mum and dad collected Tia and Charlie on wednesday after holiday boarding with us and they've just told me that Charlie isn't drinking very much and hasn't peed since yesterday. He has free run in the garden so could have peed then but there is nothing in his litter tray. He is eating but being very choosy. He's not a greedy rabbit and always picks at his food anyway but not s much as this. I've advised them to give him some carrot, grass and dandelions. I'm going round tomorrow to see him and check if he's eating etc.. I think a vet trip will be necessary.

Could the change of environment have upset him? What could stop a bun from drinking/peeing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I expect he has pee'd in the garden. He may not feel settled enough to leave his scent in an 'obvious' place ie a litter tray.
As long as he is not straining to wee but not able to I suspect he is just rather unsettled by all the changes.
Encouraging him to eat some fresh Veg will give him some fluid intake and a Vet check is a good idea to put every-one's mind at rest

Janex

Thanks Jane. I thought it could be a reaction to another change aswell. I'll check him over tomorrow. My mum tends to go a bit too heavy on the pellets and treats (no matter how often i tell her) whereas I prefer to give more veg so this could also be a contributor. I've booked him in for an MOT anyway. :D

Back