• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SIX Year Old Rabbit on Sale For a PENNY-U/D Re-Homed

Thats terrible. I really do wonder how people think they can just "sell" buns when they've had enough of them.

I get attached to buns in the first minute. I can't understand how others don't feel the same. :cry:

If anybody is a member of Preloved, perhaps they could send an e-mail pointing out to the seller that he's selling his pet at cheaper the going rate of rabbit from the butchers :shock:

All it takes is one sicko with a dog who wants to look tough in front of his mates, or a cheap meal :evil:

That poor bunny should be looking forward to a happy retirement, not the prospect of an uncertain future. I have a soft spot for the oldies!

can you put stuff for free on preloved? becuse in my paper you are not allowed to put things in that are free so they use the lowest price possible and wheny ou phone up they are free, Like my swett Ash bunny was :cry: oh god i miss him, my giant boy

Thats so sad I wish I had room for another. I dont know how some people think its ok to just get rid of there old pets when they cant be bothered with them any more or want a new cute baby one. I wish theyd realise that when you take on an animal its for life. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It is sad , but isnt it better for him to find another good home at the age of six and live out the remainder of his life in happiness, than to stay at the bottom of this persons garden unloved and uncared for. Shouldnt someone contact the seller for details before condemning him. He may be rehoming it for the best interest of the rabbit. I have taken in many older rabbits and found them wonderful new owners but dont try and make the old owner feel bad. I know some are neglected and that is a different case but please find out first , otherwise it might put genuine people off rehoming their rabbits and there will be more poor rabbits sat in lonely cages at the bottom of the garden who just get fed and watered each day.Rabbits need alot more than this and there are many reasons why people can no longer give this so surely it is then better to find someone who can give them more. As for the price alot of sites dont allow you to put free to good home so a penny is the closest. Sorry for going on , but i feel each case should be treated seperstely at least till you find out the reasons.

christine said:
It is sad , but isnt it better for him to find another good home at the age of six and live out the remainder of his life in happiness, than to stay at the bottom of this persons garden unloved and uncared for. Shouldnt someone contact the seller for details before condemning him. He may be rehoming it for the best interest of the rabbit. I have taken in many older rabbits and found them wonderful new owners but dont try and make the old owner feel bad. I know some are neglected and that is a different case but please find out first , otherwise it might put genuine people off rehoming their rabbits and there will be more poor rabbits sat in lonely cages at the bottom of the garden who just get fed and watered each day.Rabbits need alot more than this and there are many reasons why people can no longer give this so surely it is then better to find someone who can give them more. As for the price alot of sites dont allow you to put free to good home so a penny is the closest. Sorry for going on , but i feel each case should be treated seperstely at least till you find out the reasons.

I agree with some of what you say but would a RESPONSIBLE seller advertise a live animal on a Free Ad for a penny......... :?
I think not. Even the BRC have an 'unwritten code of conduct' re this issue.
I and others HAVE contacted the seller (politely and in a non-accusational tone) but sadly the seller has thus far not responded

I have personally been involved in some tragic cases that came to light via Free Ads and the like so I am affraid it is hard not to be biased. I really dont think a caring owner would re-home a Rabbit in this way and that is just my personal opinion based on personal experience :)

Janex

I know what you mean but some owners are not involved with the BRC and dont even think of rescue centres for rabbits.I know this is wrong but at least this rabbit has now being noticed and may now find a caring home.Surely some good comes from freead sites. Some owners are not irresponsible when they put them on freeads but maybe unaware of rescues, uneducated or just desperate - it doesnt make them all bad!
Putting a rabbit on freeads gets that rabbit alot of exposure (especially on forums like this) and if that leads to a good home, surely thats ok.Intrnet sites are becomming more and more popular so why cant this be used to find good homes for animals.If an owner can find a good home for an animal isnt that a good thing as it doesnt take up space in the already overcrowded rescue centres, which can then be used for the more desperate cases.

christine said:
I know what you mean but some owners are not involved with the BRC and dont even think of rescue centres for rabbits.I know this is wrong but at least this rabbit has now being noticed and may now find a caring home.Surely some good comes from freead sites. Some owners are not irresponsible when they put them on freeads but maybe unaware of rescues, uneducated or just desperate - it doesnt make them all bad!
Putting a rabbit on freeads gets that rabbit alot of exposure (especially on forums like this) and if that leads to a good home, surely thats ok.Intrnet sites are becomming more and more popular so why cant this be used to find good homes for animals.If an owner can find a good home for an animal isnt that a good thing as it doesnt take up space in the already overcrowded rescue centres, which can then be used for the more desperate cases.

Yes I aggree that the Ad's give exposure but does that not just promote the attitude that a Rabbit (or any live animal) is just a commodity that can be bought and sold :?
Surely using the WWW to promote Rabbit Welfare and Rabbit Rescue (like RR infact :lol: ) is a more productive way in educating the general public about what it REALLY means to have Rabbits as pets.
I am not saying that every person placing a Rabbit for sale on Free Ads is 'bad'. I am just saying that my personal opinion is that it is not an appropriate way to go about rehoming a pet.
Sadly as long as the impression is given that Pets are just commodities nothing will change.....

Janex

Yes education is probably the best way forward.
Anyway ive got to take the boys to football now.It was nice talking to you and hopefully will talk again soon.

Back