• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New house-garage ok???

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

Planning on putting an offer on a house tommorrow :D

Just there isn't going to be much room inside and this is where Rusty lives a the moment. He is in a big run. I can't let him free range as he will destroy everything.

Just wondering whether you think it would be ok to put him in the garage and have a big set up in there. Obviously no cars would be allowed! The plan then would be to have a whole in the garage with a cat flap and a run outside. Rusty used to live outside anyway so i'm sure that would be fine.

Any ideas anyone. Very excited about the idea of a new house but need to sort out Bunny accom. first! Also anyone know hoe easy it would be to have a whole in the garage as there is no door???

Thanks X

Hi

That's what we have for our set-up and its perfect, they love it, except they only have free-range when we are in. We built a bit of a utility in there e.g. with sink which is really useful too when cleaning them out.

Cageoverhead.jpg

Cagesideview.jpg

buns.jpg

Run.jpg

Sorry, pic of run taken in dark so here is another picture of it but at my old house when it was used as a cat run. We've shortened it by 2 feet for the rabbits so that it fit in the space in new garden:
LianspetsMay2005020.jpg

Thanks for that. In work and pictures are blocked so will have a look when go home. I guess it will give him alot more space in the garage as well and going to be getting him a lady friend too, so he wont be lonely.

Anyone have any opinions on whether I should get him a friend before or after the move?

Lyn x

Lynette said:
Thanks for that. In work and pictures are blocked so will have a look when go home. I guess it will give him alot more space in the garage as well and going to be getting him a lady friend too, so he wont be lonely.

Anyone have any opinions on whether I should get him a friend before or after the move?

Lyn x

If you pm your email to me I don't mind send the piccies to you.

Might be a good idea to bond them at the new place so its neutral terrority? Dillon went to stay at the rescue we used and came back totally in love with his girlfriend!! It was a much easier option.

Just got home and looked at pics. They look really good. The sort of thing I want to do :D

Thanks for putting them on for me to see. Did you do the whole in the garage for the cat flap yourself? Just wondering how easy that would be :?

Is there a rescue nearby you can put him into for a week or so while you move and whilst he's there, bond him, then you bring him home to a new home with a new partner.

Hi Lynette if you get him a lady bun as you move it would be neutral territory for them both...so the bonding should be easy peasy!! :D

Back